{ 16 }

Skye's POV

"Jack and I are going to chill today. You and Ethan can join in, if you want." Mia takes a seat next to me.

Jack and Mia where going through a rough patch but I think they've made up. I don't know what caused them to fight. Mia always changed the subject when I brought it up.

"Sure, I'll let him know." My eyes stayed glued to my phone.

I've realized that me and Mia don't talk as much as we used to. Ever since summer started it's like we've been to busy for each other. I can't remember the last time me, her, and Jessica hung out. In fact I haven't even heard from Jessica in awhile.

When high school ended I thought it would bring us closer in a way. Turns out I was wrong. We've all been so distant from each other. I remember last summer Kian & JC had a a party almost every weekend. Their last party was at the beach house.

I needed to take this opportunity to bond with Mia, Ethan, and even Jack. Jack's my best friend's boyfriend and all we ever say to each other is 'hi' and 'bye'.

+

Ethan was coming.

It took me awhile to convince him to come.

Someone knocks on the door and I go to open it. Mia beats me to it.

The door reveals Jack with a small smile on his face. He was holding a bag of chicken wings and a bag of chips.

"I brought snacks." He held the bags up.

That's when Ethan appears from behind him, "so did I." He held a bag of sour patches, my favorite.

I wrap my arms around his waist and give him a kiss.

Mia and Jack where no longer next to us. They where on the couch scrolling through Netflix. They weren't as cuddly as usual though.

I take a seat next to them and so does Ethan.

"What are we watching?" I ask.

Jack shrugs, "I don't know. I wanna watch a horror film but Mia hates them."

He wasn't lying.

"Well I'm up for anything that has a good laugh." Ethan adds.

Mia slightly raises her hand, "I agree."

I grab the remote, "let's watch a rom-com then."

+

Jack rubs his hands on his thighs, "Well I give it a 5 out of 10."

Mia rolls her eyes, "You're so annoying. It was an 8 our of 10, right." She looks at me and Ethan for support.

We shrug not wanting to get into this.

Ethan puts his arm around me, "so what do we do now?"

"Let's play truth or dare." Jack suggests.

"You're joking." Ethan chuckles a bit nervously.

I turn to face him, "I mean, why not? It'll give us a chance to bond."

"Yeah, e." Jack raises an eyebrow.

"Fine." Ethan puts his hands up in defense.

I give Jack a victory high five.

"Okay but if we want to bond, I think we should play truth or truth instead." Mia shrugs.

I nod in agreement.

Jack kicks his feet up the coffee table, "I'll go first." He looks at me, "Skye, where do you want to go or going for college?"

I shrug, "Decided to stay local and go to ucla."

Ethan looks at me, "really? That's awesome. Why didn't you tell me."

I shrug, "it never came up."

Ethan slightly nods.

"Okay my turn." I look at Ethan, "where are you going for college?"

He bites his bottom lip, "nowhere, at the moment at least."

My eyes widened, "Ethan!"

"What? I haven't given it much thought, okay?" He raises his shoulders.

"Boring." Milly shouts from where she's sitting, "next question."

I give her a look.

"Mia, do you still hate me?" Ethan looks relieved as he asks Mia the question.

Mia taps her chin as she thinks about it, "yes. But I have to consider you tolerable for my best friend."

I roll my eyes playfully but couldn't help but smile at her answer.

Mia clicks her tongue, "Ethan."

Jack sighs in disbelief, "are you serious?"

Mia puts a finger on his lips, "shush." She crosses her legs and raises an eyebrow, "do you love Skye?"

Ethan's POV

Did she just ask me that?

I thought we where good. Guess not.

What is it with people being so fake lately.

Skye was looking at me with an eyebrow raised up; waiting for my answer. She already knows my answer though. At least I hope.

I swallow a bit of my saliva as I get ready to answer the question, "of course I do."

There was silence and Skye presses her lips on my cheeks.

"I love you too, E."

I smile. Whenever she calls me E it reminds me of the times she didn't hate me.

It makes me happy.

+

"Are you guys coming to Kian's party on Saturday?" Jack scrolls through his phone.

The thought of going to Kian's party made me terrified.

"No." I blurt out.

Skye playfully slaps my shoulder, "of course we are."

I look at her, "you sure?"

She smiles and nods.

That's when I knew when my whole world was going to fall apart.

On Saturday.

---

A/N- there are two chapters and the epilogue left for bet :):

10 votes + 10 comments for the next chapter!

Love you guys!