Chapter 1

DRAVEN POV

Numb.

The word I've always knew. The word that can be used to describe my boring, unwanted, and miserable life.

I hated my life. I hated being born. I hated the 19 years that I have been on this Earth. My whole time on this Earth was miserable because everything that every happened to me was unfortunate.

I had no one. I've always had no one since and early age. No father to play ball with. No mother to tuck me in at night and sing to me. No siblings to argue with and make-up with. I was just alone. Just simply by myself.

Bouncing around in foster care and foster homes just made it worse. Every time someone would enter the building of the foster home and walk out with a kid that wasn't me just hurt.

When I was adopted their original kids wouldn't like me because I was different and not related to them. So I would usually last a week in their care before being returned to another foster home because I was "problematic."

All of these scenarios just reminded me how unlucky, unacceptable, and how unwanted I truly was in the eyes of others.

The days remained the same for me.

Sleep.

Work.

Eat.

And repeat.

My job wasn't anything special either. Just a simple cashier for a small supermarket. I made only 12 dollars and hour, but worked constantly so I wouldn't have to go home to nothing.

I lived in a nasty area, with an even nastier apartment. The landlord of the place was a middle aged woman, who spent rent money on extra fancies instead of fixing up this place. It was a few years away from completely falling apart.

I had to get used to my surroundings, how to handle my self, and learn how to find myself home after countless times of wandering. That's how I met Sparrow.

Sparrow was a random dog I found when I was walking home. When I was walking past her she started to walk with me. Then the rest was history.

So that brings us back today. I'm just here on my flattened and dirty mattress just staring at the molded ceiling, thinking about about random things. Some negative, some positive, and some things I'll never experience.

I got up from the bed and made my way into the cluttered bathroom that I had. I relieved myself and went to wash my hands. And then I just stopped, looked into the plastic mirror and stared at myself. I stared at myself, wondering. What was so wrong with me? Was it the way I looked?

I stared at my green eyes, then my pale skin, then my plumped lips, then my black hair. I looked down at my hands and turned of the water.

I turned around and went back to my bed. And then, I began to daydream.

Daydreamed about what my parents would've looked like, daydreamed about my possible siblings, daydreamed about my possible home.

And I hated doing this. It would just always but me in a bad mood.

"Sparrow come." I said and patted a spot next to me. She jumped on the bed and gotten comfortable. I moved to lay on her stomach and have her a couple of rubs.lay

And so that night, I fell asleep thinking about what life would've been if I had a family.