Chapter 2

VANESSA POV

Life is a fucking roller coaster.

Like anyone else who lived, I have had my up's and down's but I couldn't help but feel that today was destined to be a good day.

From waking up in the morning with the sun shining on my face, to the birds singing, everything actually felt as if it were in place.

I felt great so I might-as-well dressed the part. After showering, I brushed my teeth and braided my hair. I wanted to wear something that would've complemented my dark skin tone, so I chose I light yellow sundress with white gladiator sandals.

"Not bad." I murmured to myself while admiring the outfit. After, I went to my little vanity and added a little bit of mascara to my long eyelashes, as well as some eye-drops to clear my red eyes.

I got all my items together before grabbing my car keys and leaving my apartment.

All angels and angels in training were required to work at a guardian agency named Lively.

Lively was a large building with multiple floors, each of them being designated to an angel's rating. Floor one was the trainees, who were trained to be an angel and delivered messages between realms. Floor two were angels, who study to become guardians. Floor three were the guardians, which is where I worked, and lastly floor four were the balancers.

They conducted meetings and made sure the earth realm and angel realm were in perfect balance, a tip of the scale, and we would be the fallen, who were angels who failed at protecting and serving.

A common misconception is that guardian angels never cared about their subjects. Truth is angels are highly outnumbered to humans with a ratio is one to ten, so we had to improvise.The balancers stated that each angel gets assigned to a human for the week, and then get assigned a new human for each new week.

Anyways, us angels aren't always friendly to each other. This one angel, Meghan, despises me for a strange reason. The day I came of age to start working here she was friendly. But after a week of me being here, she grew to hate me.

She was one of the rare angels who had their halo's removed. You either lose them by entering the human realm or by doing something really REALLY bad.

I pulled into the employee parking lot and got out of my car. I showed the guards my identification and walked into the building. I went to the third floor and went to my ordered station.

"Hey, Daisy." Someone had said.

I turned around and was my closest friend Kelly.

"Hey, Kelly." I hugged her and smiled.

Kelly had given me that nickname after my first day here, after someone had gifted my daisies and used them to decorate my hair.

"Hey let me clock in and I'll be right back," I said walking slowly away from her.

"Okay, You know where to find me," Kelly said as she waved and walked away.

As I walked to the clock in-station I was met with a glaring Meghan.

She looked me up and down before snarling and saying "Eww."

I didn't comment on her opinion and walked away.

"Hey, girly. I saw Meghan over there is everything alright?" Kelly said looking concerned

"Yeah, she just complimented me is all," I said dismissing the topic.

"Mhmm," Kelly said and began to work.

I pushed a button on my desk and was met with a levitating folder that I grabbed and opened.

"Let's see who I have today," I said

"Okay. Draven Johnson. Age 22. Family none. Job Cashier. Siblings none. Pets Sparrow, slowly dying from a tumor." I said with that my smile slowly faded.

My heart ached for him. He was deserted. No one to lean on or talk to. This guy had his heart broken countless times. I felt terrible. And then it came to me. I was gonna was gonna make this week his best week. I was determined to.

From the moment he woke up this morning I made sure he had tons of luck. I planned to make him find some money on the ground, to his rent being handled, and for him to get a raise from his job. This was certain to be a good day for him.

Several hours came and went, making it 10:34 pm, which was super late for me considering it was super dark outside. Gathering my items I soon clocked out and left the building.

As I left the building I heard footsteps behind me. They were the sound of high heels so they did not alarm me. But soon they have gotten faster but I remained at the same pace.

But that was my mistake because soon white cloth was placed on my mouth and my nose was covered making me inhale whatever was on the cloth. My eyes started to flutter and soon, I was out like a light.

I was soon woken up by a cool blast of water which left me dazed for a couple of seconds. I blinked a couple of times and recovered. But then my eyes widened as I remembered everything that happened.

I tried to move out of the seat only to be met with restraints on my wrists that felt like a rope.

"Don't even try it's not worth it." Said a familiar voice.

I looked up to see Kelly.

"Such a shame, you should have ran." Said another familiar voice. I looked around and saw that the other voice belonged to Meghan.

"Kelly, you have to let me out of here. This has to be a mistake i- " I Began to tear up. A harsh sting on my face and a jerk to my head stopped my tears from falling.

"SHUT UP. You are so stupid." Kelly said wringing her hand.

"This is planned, stupid girl." Meghan said looking very bored. I could see right through her front. She didn't look like she wanted to be here. In fact, she looked a little bit scared.

" I hated you from the first day I saw you. I only was friends with you because you were everyone's favorite. But now, In about two minutes you won't be anymore." Kelly said walking around to what looks like a desk

"What do you mean?" I said squinting my eyes a little bit, but I already knew the answer when a portal looking thing opened up.

Meghan began to walk up to me with a hand saw.

"Just to be sure." She said smiling mischievously. She pushed against my shoulder blade, and pushed until my wings sprouted out.

"W-wait please!" I begged.

I felt the cold metal press against my right wing. I kept pleading, but out of no avail. She pressed it further into my wing and started to glide it back and forth. I couldn't feel anything. I was in too much shock.

My eyes widened and tears flowed freely down my face.

I looked to my left to see all the color draining out of my other wind turning it into a dull grey.

I became weak and that's when they took the restraints off and dragged me to the portal.

"No...No Please don't." I pleaded.

"Bye Bye little angel." They said and pushed me out.

I was falling and was met with a woosh meaning I left the angel dimension and into the Earth realm.

I hit 3 buildings on my way down and hit the ground with a hard thud.

I heard muffled yelling and shut my eyes. And then it all went black.