Chapter 17

Kelly POV

13 days.

312 Hours.

189000 Minutes.

680400000 Seconds.

That's how long I've been in this jail cell waiting to get my sentence.

My hair looks dry and brittle. My nails were long and yellow. My eyes puffy and bloodshot due to the crying and missed hours of sleep. My voice raspy due to all the screaming I've been doing while I've been down here.

I"ve truly hit rock bottom.

But, had to be done. Vanessa was a burden to all and no one saw it yet. I thought when she died they would see the truth. But how wrong I was.

They all turned on me. Calling me a killer. Calling me a bastard. Calling me an accident. Calling me a coward.

In a way I was. I was scared Vanessa would take everything from me. My promotion, my friends, hell, even my potential lover in the future.

But it wasn't Vanessa who ruined me.

It was myself.

"Get up bastard. Trial time." An officer said basically dragging me out of the cell.

There's no escape now.

-Time Skip-

"The Prosecution calls defendant Meghan Rivera to the stand."

Meghan with shaking legs walked up to the stand.

"Ms. Meghan, you were there when Ms. Vanessa Harlow was murdered right?" The prosecution woman said pacing back and forth.

"Yes," Meghan said with a whisper.

"Why?"

"Kelly knew something that I did. The thing that cost me my halo." Meghan said scanning her eyes through the audience

"What have you done?"

"I...I...committed a huge sin." Meghan said dropping her eyes.

"I repeat what have you done."

"OBJECTION." Her lawyer said springing from his seat.

"I'll allow it."The judge said

"I slept with a married man." Meghan said shakily

"Meghan, you were the one who cut off Vanessa's wing correct?"

"Correct."

"Were you forced?"

"Yes."

"When you dragged Vanessa to the portal, did you let go?"

"NO. I thought Kelly was gonna scare her, threaten her, and pull her up. Kelly let go and the weight of Vanessa made her fall."

"But you still let her fall."

"NO. I...I...didn't. I never wanted to hurt her. Kelly scared me. Scares me. I thought she was going to legit kill me." Meghan said crying.

"She...She even tried snapping my neck!" She said holding her neck.

Yup. I'm going to jail.

-Time Skip-

"The jury find Defendant Meghan Rivera...GUILTY of attempted murder. But due to the circumstances, Is limited to a minimum of 2 years in jail."

"I don't deserve that. I deserved to be locked away forever." She looked at the jury with teary eyes. " Thank you for giving me a second chance." And with that, she was dragged away.

"The jury find the Defendant Kelly Heartly...GUILTY of murder, attempted murder, 2 counts of aggravated assault, battery, and grand theft. You get LIFE in jail with NO parole." The judge said

The courtroom burst with uproars of excitement, sighs of relief, and the "ROT IN HELL." chant.

The put the cuffs on me but I wasn't going down without a fight.

"FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU ALL! ROT IN HELL. FUCK YOU BITCHES." I said as I was dragged from the courtroom.

Like I said before it wasn't Vanessa who destroyed me.

IT WAS MYSELF WHO RUINED ME.