Chapter 3

DRAVEN POV
SOTC: lil peep - haunt u

semi edited.

picture creds @nicoledollanganger on instagram

I woke from my dark dreams about an hour ago and stayed idle, just staring at the molding ceiling above, once again thinking about things that I would never have.

But after feeling bad for myself I decided a nice long walk would calm my aching mind.

I dressed in some baggy sweatpants, a random, hole infested shirt, once white, now dirty tennis shoes, and a sweatshirt.

I made sure to fill up Sparrow's food and water bowl not knowing how long I'll be out for. I turned around and sure enough, she was right behind me. Just looking at me fill her bowl.

I gave her a small smile and rubbed her head. She pushed her head against my hand and licked my palm.

I wiped my hand on my jeans, got up and left the apartment.

I honestly had no idea where I was heading, nor did I care because I just wanted to get lost somewhere other than in my head.

I came across an empty alley and decided to walk in it. Despite my mind having obvious red flags, I didn't listen and walked inside.

Staring at my shoes as I was walking, a very peculiar thing happened. A very long white feather landed softly on the ground. Then another. And another.

"What the hell." I said examining the feathers. Looking up, I was met with the sight of something falling.

"What the fuck?" I said watching the thing fall aimlessly in the air.

Watching it fall, It hit at least 3 buildings on the way down and fell to the ground with a loud thud.

Curiosity got the best of me and I ran to the thing and crouched on my knees.

Only it wasn't a thing.

It was a she.

"What the fuck? What? How?" In shock, I reeled back and sat next to the thing.

I took a closer look and her chest was still rising and falling.

I stood up and saw that she had a wing. A full-blown wing at least seven feet. I looked to the left and saw that she didn't have another wing, but just a small bleeding numb.

"Goodness. What do I do?" I stood up and began to run my fingers in my hair out of frustration

Out of nowhere, I just thought to put my sweater around her. I don't know what that would've done, but whatever it would do was worth a try.

I attempted to put the sweater on her but it was difficult because she was limp, but eventually, I slipped it over her head. I pulled it down and the closer the sweater got to her waist, the smaller the wings would go. Eventually, they disappeared behind the sweater.

I didn't care much about it and just wanted to help her. So I picked her up and carried her bridal style until we reached my apartment.

I unlocked the door, took the sweater off and laid her softly on my bed.

I gather somewhat of medical supplies which included half drunken vodka, a rag, and lots of paper towels.

When I got there, I placed the things on the floor and took the time to look at the girl.

She had a deep brown mocha skin tone, very curly hair, and plump lips. If I had to guess her eye color, it would have to be brown. This girl was very beautiful.

Just then a muffled cry escaped her lips and I saw her eyes beginning to flutter open. Then she shot up and looked around the place in pure horror.

Until she looked at me. Her eyes widened and her pupils dilated. I stared back at her with the same emotion: Worry.

Then I decided the ruin the fucking moment by looking at the missing wing.

Slowly she began to turn her head to look at the bleeding nub she had. She turned back to me with her eyes full of unshed tears and her bottom lip quivering.

Tears slowly made her their way out of her eyes and soon she began to cry.

"Hey...Please don't cry. Please?" I said trying to reason with her.

I tried caressing her shoulder which didn't work. I tried rubbing her back and that didn't work. I didn't know what to do. My last option was to hug her. So I slowly wrapped my arms around her being sure not to touch her wound.

She stiffened but relaxed shortly after and began to cry in the crook of my shoulder.

After a few minutes, her cries turned to sniffles and slowly began to pull away from me.

We stared at each other again but this time I broke the silence.

"Um...your bleeding and I need to clean it before you get a possible infection." I said staring at the floor.

I got up and began to prepare everything. I poured the vodka on the rag and looked at her signaling I was gonna start.

I put the vodka infused rag on her wound, and she didn't do anything but stare at me. She didn't cry like I thought she would. She just stared at me with a blank expression that scared me, to be honest.

"Wait here." I said and wrapped the rag around the nub.

I walked into my kitchen to find a knife which I put on the stove to heat it up. After a short amount of minutes, I took it off and walked back to where she was.

"I'm gonna have to cauterize it now so be prepared." Not long after I said this, I smeared the blazing hot knife on her wound. And yet she made no noise. Just continued to stare at me.

After that, I tried to find some healing ointment to put on it just to find some expired Neosporin. Oh well better than nothing.

After applying it I wrapped it her wound up in one of my clean shirts and lay down next to her in my boxy bed.

I patted my bed so that Sparrow could lay down on the bed with me.

Soon feeling a dip in the bed along with some soft fur I relaxed.

Then the mystery girl lay down as well with her wing shrunken so it wouldn't hit me.

I looked at the girl, the looked at the ceiling.

"What's your name?"

"Vanessa Harlow."

"I'm Draven Johnson."