11

Everyone falls silent as we get up to stand in line, Harry waiting patiently as we do so. Once all of the initiates are ready we are being guided just like yesterday, and all I can see is the back of Niall's head as we walk.

It doesn't take long for us to get to wherever we were going because suddenly everyone stops, and I end of ramming into Niall's back before quickly apologizing with flushed cheeks.

"You all can step out of line because I know almost all of you probably can't even see anything past the person in front of you," Harry says, and his statement is completely accurate. Everyone splits apart and I can now see the man with an immaculate jawline and unruly curls as he stares back at all of us.

During my time admiring the instructor I wasn't able to notice the wall of guns set up behind him, all different sizes and looks of deadliness to them although each have the same outcome in almost every scenario. To the right of the wall are separate shooting lanes, a vertical rectangle cut out of a wall with targets set up a reasonable distance away. I can't help but grow nervous at the sight of it all, wondering what I've gotten myself into.

"If you couldn't already tell, today we will be shooting. Before we start please find a partner who will remain with you as we practice." Harry says, and I look over to find Jess already asking Niall to be her partner. I walk around the room to find someone who hasn't been taken yet, but it looks like there's an odd number.

"Rose, I'll be your partner." I turn back to the front as Harry offers, and thank him as I'm glad I won't have to be alone during this.

"Of course before we begin you'll have to learn how to hold, shoot, and load a gun. I will also be teaching you how to clear your barrel in case it gets jammed." Harry says to us before picking up a pistol, and for the next hour or so he demonstrates all of the things he listed off. Lastly, he walks to a shooting lane and fires the gun, the bullet going through the center of the target.

I watch as he raises the weapon again, lips parting as he breathes out a calming breath, biceps flexed as he steadies before swiftly pulling the trigger while keeping his arms straight, elbows not bent whatsoever.

"Now that you know how to do everything you can get your partner, choose a gun, and find a shooting lane. Also, another member should be here shortly and he will be replacing your targets for you. If you have any difficulty come and find me." Harry says before dismissing the initiates, and as they begin to disperse I walk up to the shooting lane he is still standing in front of.

"You've practiced this a lot, haven't you?" I ask him, looking at the even bigger hole in the center of the target seeming as two bullets have now gone through it.

"My father taught me how to, he was passionate about it so of course I was as well, all little boys just want to follow in their dad's footsteps." He seems to be reminiscing as he speaks, as if his father isn't around anymore. "I still come in here almost everyday and practice, never missing the center."

"I bet if I blindfolded you it wouldn't even hit the target." I say, which makes Harry laugh, a beautiful sound escaping his lips.

"I may have to take you up on that, but we would have to be in here alone, I can't have other members seeing me doing that kind of stuff." He says, clearly referring the man whom is holding targets for initiates under his arm just across the room from us.

"Don't you ever want a little adventure, instructor?" I ask him, clearly taunting his status.

"Adventure is hard to find in a place like this." He counters and I can only assume he is correct from what I've seen.

"Well if you ever decide to leave this building then maybe I could show you one."

"Well then it's a d-," he coughs, "it's a plan Rosemary, we will have our own adventure once this is all over."

I almost say something about him calling me a herb, but decide to ignore it as I pick up a compact pistol by its handle, "I've never shot a gun before, but I don't think any of the other initiates have either."

Harry watches me closely as I lift the gun to the target, "there's going to be recoil, so make sure you keep your arms straight out," he advises.

I begin mimicking his actions from earlier, breathing in before letting out a deep breath and steadying myself, closing one eye so I am completely focused on the target. The barrel of he gun is perfectly aligned with the center and after a brief moment I pull the trigger.

My arm does slightly move from the force of the bullet leaving it's chamber, but it's not too drastic. I squint my eyes to see where it's gone through the target, and am pretty proud of myself once I'm able to locate it.

"Through the left shoulder, not too bad for your first time." Harry says, nodding his head while looking impressed.

Harry remains quiet for the next thirty minutes as I reload, shoot, and hit somewhere on the target. By the end of the practice time my bullets are going just around the center, something I never thought I'd be able to do.

"You did good Rose, I'll let you know when I can take you up on that bet," he winks at me, so swiftly that I nearly miss it. I can't help but feel a stirring of emotions inside of me as he walks to the center of the room, calling for all of the initiates to form another line.

There are so many other things I should be thinking of at the moment, like the uprising, but all I can think of is Harry and the way his eyes watched me with such intent like I was the only person in the room, and how his hands created such heat within me whenever he corrected my stance or grip on the gun.

No, he's only my instructor and wants me to help me get a higher rank, nothing more than that, my self conscience says.

I have convinced myself of this by the time we are back in the eating area and initiates separate from line once again, and I find Niall and Jess laughing over something.

There's so many thoughts going through my mind that it's hard to keep up with their conversation, and all of it has to do with avoiding getting feelings for my instructor.

_________________________

Rose is like: woah Harry is hot af but I can't do anything cause he's my instructor fml

Goal: 1000 votes and 400 comments

What's your favorite movie of all time?

I've been trying to think of an answer to this for like 10 minutes but can't think of one so I'm just going to say This Is Us yeah

Instagram & Twitter: @heswriting

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

-Jo x