13

It was mere seconds later that Harry pulled away, suddenly becoming odd as if what he's just done was out of character, which it probably was.

"I'm going to tell them I couldn't find out anything, they'll most likely launch an investigation, but let's hope they don't figure it out." He says, as if nothing happened at all.

"Well it's not that hard if Patrick and I were the only ones there this morning."

"We don't have records of who comes and goes, so you can easily make it seem like you never went."

"What about the nurse? She'll remember us." I say, thinking of the woman who not so kindly shoved two pills in a cup before rudely handing it to me this very morning.

"I don't know, we'll figure it out, but I'm almost positive nothing will trace back to the two of you since the drugs were in a supply cabinet, not the office."

I don't know what to say after that, mostly because I'm still trying to figure out Patrick's intentions and if I should confront him about what he did.

"I'm sorry for hugging you," Harry says out of the blue. "I don't know what came over me."

"Don't be sorry for something you can't take back." I say, repeating words which my mother has said so many times before.

He almost puts his hand through his hair until the headband stops him, scratching the back of his neck instead, "it's just, well, I'm just not that type of person." Harry shrugs, staring at the ground as if what he just did was wrong.

"I was crying, you felt bad, so you hugged me. It's honestly no big deal." I say, and he nods at my statement in agreement.

"We should get back, training isn't over yet." Harry says and I nearly sigh loudly like a child, but compose myself and follow him out the door of his office instead.

Once we make our way back to the initiates they are all sitting at the cafeteria tables, some hydrating, others talking, but most just sit there resting.

My eyes transfix on Patrick, whom sits alone at the far end of a table, as he looks at nothing in particular. His seclusion makes me feel horrible, noticing that everyone has a group they fit in while he's basically an outcast, loner of sorts. Just as I'm about to sit with him Harry begins speaking, and I know I may as well stay here seeming as all eyes are now on me.

"Rose is not guilty of anything, so no one here will treat her that way, got it?" There are a few nods here and there from the initiates, others giving me unsure glances.

"But she said herself that she was." An unknown voice says, and by the way Harry's fists clench tightly I can tell he's upset.

"Well there's no evidence that she did, and she is not in possession of the drugs, so considering this I would say that she's pretty innocent." Harry lies about me not having the drugs, but it's effective as most don't seem to care about the argument any longer.

I notice Niall giving me a thumbs up, and Jess giving me a knowing nod from besides him. I'm glad they are being supportive unlike the rest of the people in here, showing why they're my friends and the others aren't.

"You all know what to do," Harry says sounding slightly annoyed, standing with his arms across his chest as we all begin to line up, me being at the front.

After just a few seconds he begins walking and I follow, keeping time with his steps as we make our way into a new part of the training center which smells of sweat. There are large bags dangling from chains, people hitting them which causes them to move slightly. I watch as a strongly built man does some sort of combination of hits, something that would surely damage a living person.