29

Harry's POV

It was everything I hoped it would be with Rose, not like any other time I had been with someone intimately. It was passionate and had meaning, solidifying what we meant to each other. Sure, it probably wasn't perfect, but it was enough to know that she was the one I wanted to be with.

"Care to join me for a shower?" I asked her, and she immediately quirked a brow.

"So you're going to tell me I'm pretty good for a transfer, and then invite me to take a shower?" Her response leaves me with no counterattack, something that doesn't happen often.

"We can save water or you can lay out here and perish away." I say before standing and crossing my arms over my chest, waiting for her decision.

"Fine." She says before getting up from the bed. Her body is still fully revealed, and I can't help but take in just how beautiful she is. All of her curves and imperfections only seem to make me want her more, the feelings I have towards her magnified with every second of every day it seems.

"My face is up here, Styles." She says as she walks past, going into the bathroom as I follow suit.

The water is already running once I'm in the bathroom, and Rose is already allowing it to cascade over her body. The sight is incomprehensible as her eyes close with pleasure, hands reaching up to put shampoo in her hair.

"Let me help you with that." I say as I join her, enjoying the feeling of the warm water relaxing my muscles as I begin to rub the shampoo into her hair. She hums with acceptance, clearly enjoying my actions.

Once all of the shampoo is washed out of her hair she puts some onto her own hand and begins putting it into my hair, eyes focused as she continues.

We follow the same pattern with conditioner, each taking turns. It's strange doing something so simple with one another as we are blatantly naked, something I didn't think would be possible unless we were in a bed.

I leave my thoughts as I pick up the soap bar, rubbing it on her skin until I get to her stomach, the barely forming scar from the bullet there. I look up at Rose to find her chewing at her lip, holding back tears. Instead of saying anything I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her into me, feeling her body shake as she quietly sobs into my chest.

"Everything's going to be okay." I tell her quietly, kissing the top of her head as I bring my hand to the nape of her neck and hold her against me, making sure she knows I'll be there for her.

"No, no it won't be." She chokes out, every syllable difficult for her to say as she continues to cry.

In this moment I know I have to be as supportive and strong as possible for her right now, maybe even for a long time to come.

-

"You haven't touched your food." I point out to Rose, not pleased that she hasn't been eating well lately, but understanding why at the same time.

She sighs, "I'm not hungry."

I feel as if she's used that excuse more than a few times over the past couple of days, and I'm not sure how many more times I'll be able to hear it before I force her to eat.

"Please just eat something, babe. I'm worried about you." I tell her, hoping that it will make her reconsider.

Luckily she does, taking a few bites of the pancake on her plate before putting her fork down, finished. It's something I guess, and I can't really complain since it's the most she's eaten during a meal in awhile.

Just as I stand and pick up our plates Martin walks in, "I got the test results back." He says, holding up a sealed envelope before sitting down at the dining room table.

As soon as the words leave his mouth I forget everything, realizing that what's in that envelope could easily change Rose's life forever. She's already been greatly effected by the assumption she can't get pregnant, but if it's made true who knows what it could do to her.

I quickly put down the plates before sitting next to Rose, placing my hand over her own, "open it." She says quietly, and I can tell she is terrified to hear the results.

Martin nods before breaking the seal and pulling out a sheet of paper, looking over it slowly before tucking it back in the envelope. He seems hesitant to say anything, looking at Rose and I's joined hands before back at the envelope.

"What does it say?" I ask, wanting to know for Rose's sake. Her not knowing makes everything like a see-saw, her always constantly on the edge of breaking before I'm barely there to help her become balanced once again. I think knowing may put her in a different mind state and she'll learn to adapt, atleast that's what I can hope will happen.

Martin takes a deep breath before speaking, "unfortunately the likelihood of conception is slim to none, your best option would be artificial insemination." He says, eyes cautiously darting between Rose and I.

"So it's not completely impossible?" I ask, that being better than what the other possibility could be.

"Exactly, but it's not very likely either. Hopefully now that you know it will help you process things, Rose." He places a hand on her shoulder before giving it a light squeeze, getting up and leaving the room.

Immediately my attention is Rose, looking over to find her eyes on the table as I can tell her mind is racing. "What are you thinking about?" I ask, wanting to know what this knew information has done to her train of thought.

"It's not impossible, that's all that I can think about." She seems to still be processing, and as I think of what she's just said my thoughts go to what we've been up to recently.

"We haven't exactly been careful lately, so do you think you might be..." Just finishing the sentence scares me, and so I don't. Right now is not the time I want to have children, and I quickly realize how much precaution I need to begin taking.

"Probably not, it may not be impossible but it's also not likely, it would probably take a miracle." She sighs again, looking at the blank wall across from us.

We become silent, and the realization of her words sink in. I reach over to tuck stray hair behind her ear, leaning over to kiss her cheek, pulling away just as Chris walks in.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we have a task for you Harry." He says, shifting his weight on each foot as he waits for me to accept or deny the opportunity to do something for the outsiders.

I look to Rose for my answer, "will you be okay if I go?"

"We didn't come here just to stay cooped up in this house, go." She gives me a small smile, and I can tell it's not genuine, but I guess I'll have to rely on her word.

"When do you need me to go?" I ask, not exactly up for the idea of leaving Rose right now, especially after what we've just learned.

"Now."

_______________________

thanks for 2.5 million reads and over 20k followers babes

goals: 1500 votes and 500 comments

what song are you most excited for off of Four?

i can't wait to hear girl almighty and stockholm syndrome

instagram & twitter: @heswriting

don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!