18

(Please read a/n at the end it's very important)

As I looked down the iron sights I could feel him watching me, and it still seemed odd that someone could be so intrigued by me. It definitely went both ways, but I like to believe I hide it better than the man standing across from me.

"You know either way this goes it's a win for me, right?" I say, gladly willing to take either the option of a date or hitting Daniel.

He smiles, "yeah I guess it is, do you have a problem with it?"

I shake my head and he seems to decide that's that, walking over to the wall of weaponry before picking up a small pistol, turning it over in his palm as he walks back over. I can tell that he's had a lot of experience with this, hitting the center with ease the last time we were here.

Harry reaches into his pocket, pulling out a navy blue headband which I've seen him wear a few times before, "would you do the honor?" He asks, holding up the piece of cloth as I take it. As he steps directly in front of me his eyes blaze into my own, spear mint breath fanning across my face. I cover his eyes with the bandana before tying it in the back, guiding him over to the shooting range with caution.

I laugh, "I can't believe you're about to do this." When I made the bet I was just testing his ego, but never did I imagine that he would actually go through with it.

He only smiles, "I've never turned down a bet, and you definitely won't be the first." I watch as he situates himself in front of the target, as if he knows the small space by heart, which he most likely does.

As he raises the gun I decide I need a way to distract him, "so you said something about your dad teaching you how to shoot?"

The pistol sways a bit when I ask the question, but he doesn't answer me. Instead he makes a few small adjustments before breathing a steadying breath and pulling the trigger. Immediately he's taken off the blindfold, and I'm stood there stunned because he's just hit the center of the target.

Harry only laughs, shaking his head side to side as he looks at his work. "I guess you could say I'm a good shot." He says with a wink before putting the gun back in it's rightful place, myself still wondering how he could hit the middle of a target without even seeing it.

"How did you just do that?" I ask him, bewildered.

"I've practiced almost everyday since I turned eight, it just comes naturally to me now." He shrugs, placing the bandana back in his pocket before sighing, "you should probably go, your friends will wonder what's going on." He pauses, "what exactly did you tell them anyway?"

"I just told them I'd see them in a few minutes, lying has never been my forte." I am reminded of how I was raised, still believing in what me parents had taught me from such a young age. Lying was not permitted in our family, and rarely ever worked since it was such a close knit community where everyone knew everything that went on.

"So you're telling me that as a kid you never lied to your parents?" When I shake my head he laughs, "not even once?"

"No that was more of my brother's thing, he'd always be the one to get us out of things and I would just keep my mouth shut about it." I say, thinking of what life used to be like, and missing it with every fiber of my being.

"Your brother wasn't transferred here, was he?" Harry asks, most likely trying to think of initiates from previous years.

"We are twins so we were transferred at the same time, he went to district five." The words feel even more surreal leaving me, and I can't help but feel sadness at the thought of being separated from my family although it's already been made permanent.