26

Harry's POV

My skin is stained with blood, everywhere from my hands to shoulder and stomach. I can't stop looking at it, knowing that it's Rose's blood makes me want to be sick.

My head flicks up when I hear Hunter entering the living room, he looks worn and beaten. "They say she's lucky, it was a through and through, she'll be alright."

I let out a sigh of relief, if I lost Rose I'm not sure if I would've been able to continue on. "Can I see her?"

"Yeah, she's just really weak right now so take it easy near her injuries and stuff." He says as I stand, and just as I walk past he pats my back as if for comfort of what just happened.

I collect myself as I walk through the hallway of the outsiders house, eventually reaching the room they treated Rose in what seems like a lifetime ago.

As soon as I step across the threshold she is there, lying in the bed wearing just a bra and the same pants she left in, wound covered by a large bandage. She sees me as well, wincing in pain as she attempts to sit up.

"Don't move," I tell her, sitting in the chair which is pushed against the side of the bed, feeling somewhat guilty for the state she is in.

"Hey," I say softly, thumb brushing stray hairs from her face, "how are you feeling?"

"They gave me something to numb the pain, but it still hurts pretty bad." Rose's voice comes out slow and weak, and I know she needs her rest soon.

"I've never been more scared than I was tonight, you do that to me." I admit quietly, reminded once again of how much fear I felt when I first realized she was shot and brought her here not knowing if everything would go smoothly.

Rose laughs before her face scrunches up in what seems like writhing pain, "I don't know if that's a good or bad thing."

"I think it means I care for you, definitely more than I ever have for anyone else," is all I'm able to say without saying the actual words aloud.

A small smile tugs at her lips, "I feel the same way."

"We'll talk more tomorrow, alright?" You need to get some rest," Absentmindedly I grab her hand, turning it over and before kissing her knuckles, the lean up and press my lips to her forehead. After pulling away I look at her one last time, finding her eyes closed peacefully before walking back into the hallway, entering the living room seconds later.

The man which answered the door of the house is now sat on the couch, another with gray hair sat next to him. Hunter stands across the room from the, arms crossed as he looks at the ground before up at me. "What's wrong?" I ask, immediately feeling the tension in the room.

The older man with gray hair stands, shaking my hand before introducing himself, "I am Martin, I treated whom is Rose I believe?" When I nod in confirmation he continues, "the young lady was very lucky seeming as the bullet exited, and I was able to treat her successfully, but there's just one problem."

Worry fills me as his eyes guiltily look at the ground before back at me, "what is it?" I ask, wanting to find out what is wrong immediately.

"Where the bullet hit could be very problematic when Rose wants to become fertile, possibly not able to reproduce when that time comes." Martin says, and suddenly it seems as if my whole world come crashing down.

Sure kids may not have been I wanted right now but something within me knows that Rose is my future, and kids would most definitely be a part of whatever we become.

"Do you know for sure?" I ask shakily, my voice breaking.

"We will have to run some tests but until then we can't be completely sure."

"I'll have to tell her before you do the tests then." Just the thought of telling Rose the information Martin has just given is terrifying and heartbreaking all at once. She doesn't deserve to have this happen to her, this wasn't how things were supposed to go.

"You might want to wait until tomorrow to do that, I believe we have some things to discuss." The other man, whom has remained silent this entire time finally speaks.

"You're right, and we don't want to wake Rose up as we discuss." Martin says as if we have somewhere else to go, "please follow me." Hunter and I exchange confused glances as the four of us enter the kitchen.

I watch curiously as Martin opens a door which reveals shelves of food, moving something until we hear a click, the shelf swinging open like a door. Hunter and I follow him down a flight of stairs, immediately entering what seems to be a surveillance room.

There is a desk with a computer on it, above are five cameras, three of them watching different locations in the house and the other two located at possible entry points. "It was Chris' idea for all the surveillance, it's been very useful." Martin says about the man who must own the house above us.

Chris shrugs nonchalantly, "it was only a matter of time before someone came up with the idea."

"I'll let you downgrade yourself just this one time because we have so much to discuss with these two young men." Martin says before guiding us into a conference room of sorts, sitting in one of the chairs around a large round table as we follow suit.

Everything about this place screams old and new, whether it's the metal floor and advanced surveillance system, or the dusty table placed before us.

Chris is the first and seemingly only one to speak, "Harry your contact spoke with us a few days ago, letting us know if your arrival. This is just one of many headquarters for the outsiders, each of them connecting through underground tunnels. We have one main base where all members meet on occasion, but mostly you will stay here. Since its been a long day you all should get your rest, Martin will lead you to the barracks and tomorrow we will go more in detail of what your duties will be here. If you need anything just raise the lever at the top of the stairs and the hatch will open, then find us in the house."

The four of us stand again, myself thinking this meeting was kind of pointless for the short amount of time it lasted. "Thank you," I say to Chris, and he nods before exiting the room, leaving Martin, Hunter, and I.

"Well, the barracks are through here." Martin says, leading us back to the surveillance room before walking down a hall and turning right into an open space of beds. "You all have a good nights rest, and don't worry yourself with Rose, we will make sure she's safe." He says kindly before leaving Hunter and I.

"They seem like good people, I think we are in good hands Harry." Hunter says as he puts his and Rose's bags down on the ground.

"I don't trust them yet though, we should still be on alert." Something I learned at a young age was that you should wait until someone proves themselves trustworthy to become comfortable, and to this day I still believe in that.

"And they are probably saying the same things about us, loosen up a bit Styles." He says as if it's the easiest thing to just go around trusting people.

I decide not to argue with him over it, getting ready for bed in the bathroom before lying in one of the many vacant beds.

As I close my eyes I can't help but let the memories of what happened just a few hours ago resurface. The image of Rose falling to the ground replays over and over in my mind, there is most likely still blood on me from her wound, and tomorrow I will have to scrub it off before I go mad. For right now I let myself drift away, my last thought being the only one that truly matters to me.

Rose.

_______________________________

who's gonna cry if they can't have babies cause it's a possibility, who knows what I will choose

Goal: 1900 votes and 800 comments

btw next few chapters will be Harry's pov because Rose is shot and will basically just be laying there for a while which is boring af so yeah

who's your favorite youtuber?

I don't go on YouTube a lot but when I do I always watch Miranda Sings she is hilarious

Instagram & Twitter: @heswriting

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

-Jo x