Alex

-_DAY 2_-

*Alex's POV*

I walked into the cafe spotting that boy from yesterday. He was hunched over a book on the table with a pencil in hand. His tongue flicked out on his upper lip and lay there as he focused on the paper. I ordered my coffee as I continued to watch him. A girl walked over to him and sat next to him. She had half-red-half-black hair. She said something and Chris laughed. I received my coffee and walked over to the 2.

"Mia, you are insane." Chris said to the girl, still looking at the paper with his pencil making swift movements over the paper.

"I know. That's why you love me. Jake loves me for that reason too." she said smiling. She glanced up at me and said, "Uoo, it looks like you have a friend." Chris looked up at me and closed the book his was drawing in.

"Do you mind if I sit?" I asked. Chris shook his head and the girl, Mia, left.

"What do you want?" he asked sounding annoyed.

"Listen, I just wanna talk. I'm sorry about earlier. You're new and, no offense, but you're also really cute." I told him, confessing to everything.

"Ok, is that all?" he asked, refusing to make eye contact with me.

"Me and my friends are having a small party at my place this Friday. Would you be interested?"

"I don't do parties." he said. He stood up and walked out. I noticed a picture was left in his spot. It was him and another boy. They were kissing. They looked really happy together.

"I wonder..." I looked at the picture and thought about who this could be.

*Chris' POV*

I walked home with my sketchbook in hand. I debated whether to tell Mia that I was invited to a party at a cute boy's house. She would, with no doubt, force me to go. I for once actually wanted to go. Alex was cute. He reminded me of Mike. God how I miss Mike. I miss being able to hold him and be held by him. To kiss his soft lips. I reached into my back pocket for the picture I was sketching, but, I discovered empty air between the cloth.

"Shit.." I turned to run back but when I got there, it was empty. The picture wasn't there.

"No, no, no, NO!" I searched everywhere, under the table next to the table, everywhere. I'd even asked the barista if she'd seen it or if anyone had found it but she shook her head. I walked home sniffing and biting my bottom lip but nothing prevented the tears from rolling out of my eyes. I wiped my eyes as I opened my sketchbook to the drawing I was working on at the coffee shop. It was only half finished but it was still beautiful. It was that boy, Alex. I was drawing him because he reminded me so much of Mike.