Kiss

*Alex's POV*

I'd taken the picture home with the intentions of returning it to to Chris. I kept thinking that I'd seen the other boy from the picture somewhere before. I was studying the picture thinking who it could be when someone put a hand on my shoulder. I flew around to see that girl with the red and black hair. She didn't look happy.

"Why do you have that?" she pointed at the picture.

"I found it. I was gonna return it to Chris." I said. The girl was just a centimeter shorter than I am.

"I'm his best friend, I should return it." She said.

"I don't even know who you are." I put the picture in my back pocket.

"Oh, silly me. I was so caught up in Chris' picture that I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Mia. Chris is my best friend/Brother." She said going from cold to sunny.

"Alex." I said hesitantly shaking her hand.

"You look like, Mike. Do you have a brother?" she said.

"Um, no. Who's Mike?"

"Chris' old boyfriend when he lived in Lewisburg. Then his parents died and he came to live here with me. I think he's taking a liking to you."

"I want to know more about him. He seems.. Interesting." I said.

"You do??" she smiled at this.

"Sure, why the fuck not?"

*-Chris' POV-*

I couldn't sleep. I was so tired that I almost crashed on the way to school. I walked into school with my eyes closed and tripping over my own feet. I face planted into someone's chest. I almost fell when a pair of arms caught me. They picked me up and I fell asleep in their arms.

---

I woke up on the floor in the library. It was dark so I assumed it was night. Shit, I slept through school.

"Oh, you're awake." I voice I recognized was next to me. I looked at the figure.

"Mike?" I asked with wide eyes.

"No, Alex." he said as realization dawned on me. "Did you sleep at all last night?"

"Ugh, no. Couldn't." I said dragging a hand down my face.

"Could this be the problem?" Alex held a picture in front of me. My eyes widened and I gasped.

"How..?" I took the picture and clutched it to my chest as my eyes filled with tears. Joy covered my thoughts like a blanket and out of habit I kissed the boy next to me. That's what I did when Mike made me overwhelmed with emotion. Alex reacted differently than I thought he would. He wrapped his arms around my petite figure and deepened the kiss.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, so I'm sorry it took so long to publish this short-ass chapter.  I was dealing with other shit with school and didn't have a lot of time for this.  Anyways, it's up and things are getting seriously wacky.