Hospital Beds

*Chris' POV*

I got the news when I got home. It was Mia's mom.  Mia had been found passed out in her bathroom lying next to a bloody blade with cuts running all down her legs.  She was in the hospital struggling to stay alive.  I rushed back out of the home to run to the hospital.  I felt a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders. 

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" It was Alex.

"Mia is in the hospital for major blood loss."  I said pecking his cheek.

"Oh no! I'll drive you!"  He said carrying me to his car. 

"Thank you, Alex." I said as he climbed into the driver's seat.

"Don't worry about it."  He smiled at me as he drove.

We sat in silence for a little, me pondering why she did what she did and Alex driving just over the speed limit yet fast enough to get there quickly.  My knee kept bouncing on the floor and I was chewing my thumbnail in anxiety.  I was scared to my max.  This wasn't the first time and the first time was when her biological dad left her mom for a girl he met at a bar.  I'd been there for her.  I had told her to always come to me, to always tell me when she even thought about it.  When I'd cut for the first time, she was there for me and slapped me taking all my blades.  But she must've kept them because of where she is now.

"You ok?"  Alex asked.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous."  I said looking at him.

"I'm here for you." He said with a smile.

"Thank you.  In return, I'll be your boyfriend." I said.

"Chris, in an instant.  I love you." He said smiling.

"I love you too." I held his hand as we arrived at the hospital.  I rushed in and saw Mia's mom.

"Mrs. Cosel, is Mia ok??" I asked sitting next to her.

"The doctors said she'd be fine but I don't know.  What could've led her to do this? What did she hate so much that she'd hurt herself like this?" She asked beginning to cry.

"It's ok, she will recover." I calmed her rubbing her shoulder as she sobbed into my shirt.  "Was there anything that could be a sign of what it is that led her to this?" She nodded and handed me a torn picture.  It was her boyfriend, Jake.  That was the half that was left.  It must've been of them to gether. 

"Shit..." I mumbled.  Seeing this I knew what it was, Jake had broken up with her.  I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Alex.

"It'll be ok, I promise." He said in a hushed tone.  Just then a doctor walked over and called Mrs.Cosel.  She told me she'd be back and when she left Alex kissed me as her took the empty seat.

"She'll be ok, right?" I asked as tears began streaming down my eyes, wetting my collar and making my eyeliner run. 

"It's like you said, she's strong." He said cupping my cheeks and wiping my tears.

Just then, Mia's mom walked out, her face soaked and her eyes red and puffy.  She was crying hard.

———————-

I apologize for being gone so long, so I made a slightly longer update.  I'm updating from a school computer becuase I got my iPad taken away and my computer is shit.  So I will try to update more often, I have a friend that is super excited for me to update so here you go.  

-Emo

(Also, sorry for the cliffhanger) 😈