Roses and Rainbows

*Chris' POV*

2 days after Mia, Alex has been doing everything to cheer me up.  Today, it's a surprise.  All I knew was that he said to wear something nice and wait until 8.  I was wearing my dress suit and had done my hair slightly up with gel and pushed it to the side.  I looked up from my painting at the clock, 7:45.  I was painting a jumble of colors.  They ran down the canvas smudging together at parts where I used a sponge.  I was letting the last layer of color dry.  It looked really cool.  5 minutes to 8 I was adding the final touches, white splatters of paint.

I left it to head downstairs 3 minutes to 8.  Alex nocked as soon as I got there.  I ran to the door to see him standing there with some white roses.

"I know it's cliche but they didn't have black roses."  He said with pink across his nose. 

"I love them, babe."  I said kissing his cheek as he handed them to me.  "So where are we going?"

"I need you to put this on." He said handing me a sleep mask when we got to the car.  I took it and put it on.  He began driving and after what felt like forever he stopped.  His car door opened and then mine did.  I felt him pick up my hand and lead me out.  He led me a little from the car then pulled off the mask.  I was revealed with a small dining table covered in black cloth with candles and white roses littered around.  On the table was a platter with sushi and mochi on it.  My favorites.

I turned to face him, "Babe, it's amazing.  I love it.  You did this by yourself?"

"Yeah, it took the whole day but I'm glad you like it."  He said.  Then I noticed the cans of paint off to the side.

"What are those? (DEAD MEME)" I asked pointing to them.  

"You'll see." he winked.  We walked over to eat. After we finished, he grabbed the buckets and walked over to the car.  He pulled out dozens of the white roses and laid them out on the floor.  When he finished he gestured me over.  I walked to stand next to him.  He handed me the purple bucket while he held the red.

"When I count to three, throw the paint over them.  One, Two, Three!"  we threw the paint onto the roses then picked up the next two until the roses were covered in rainbows.  It was beautiful.

"Thank you, Alex, this was amazing.  I love you."  I said.

"I love you too, it's good to see you smile."  He said then kissed me passionately.