1 - A New Start

A Few Years Later~

[You]

I woke up in my bed as the sun kissed my face. I went downstairs to see my dad in the kitchen.

I kissed my dad a good morning on the cheek "what's for breakfast?" I asked, he chuckled and turned towards me, his hand covered in meat blood "beef, raw of course. Fresh and hunted this morning" he smiled as I hugged him "my favorite" I said before going back to my room to change for University.

After I found my dad in the woods a few years back, we lived together bearing the pain she gave us in our chests. A year later my dad decided that he should work and get us a house, he wants me to live like a human too. I mean I was a person, an animal too but none the less I can't hate my human side.

After I got changed I quickly went down to eat breakfast. I took my utensils and ate the raw beef with it, blood slowly oozing out making me salivate. This may look entirely disgusting to a stranger who doesn't know who I am. A human... a lady in her dining table looking at the raw meat covered in raw blood with such craving in her eyes, would have looked better if I was in my wolf form but I couldn't, I already changed, I don't want to rip this pair of uniforms too, they're expensive.

After I finished I grabbed my bag and headed out the door but before doing that I hugged my dad goodbye "You hate humans but-"

"But give them a chance" I cut his words as released the hug. He tells me that everyday before leaving the house to be met with a bunch of people "I know dad, I'll give them a chance only when I can give them back my trust" he smiled sadly at my reply as i headed out to school. This is what I always say, I never reply with 'I'll forgive them' but rather with a 'only if'.

After all, my mother left me and dad finding out we weren't like her, then my friend that I found for comfort after her dad was killed by a group of hunters when she was out for food to survive. How could I forgive them so easily like that? They hate wolves, that's all I know. I won't know the true reason why aside from 'they'll eat you'. It's frustrating you know, every time I ask them what they think about wolves they reply with 'they're disgusting', it's not like they don't eat meat too, they also kill wolves and guess what we still forgive them but when we bite them they shiver in fear and call us monsters, that... I cannot comprehend.

With a sigh I continued the 10 minute walk to university.

When I arrived I went to my seat, pulling my books out as I stared out the window to the forest beside my school. Why is a school beside a forest? I don't know either but I'm not hating on it, I get to see a few of my friends running around sometimes looking up at me, it makes my day.

As the teacher walked in, class begun but I was too focused on the forest than the lecture. Seriously...I hate lecture, why not just learn something fun aside from equations, it's like another language only filled with numbers and lines.

Riiiiinnnnngggg~~~~~

Bell rang signaling lunch causing me to shoot up awake. Yes, I slept through the rest of the lecture. How does the teacher not wake me up? Well because he knows that even if I sleep I study hard at home so he wouldn't care as long as my grades remained high.

I went to the rooftop and looked at the view as the wind blew my hair. I looked down to the trees and saw a black wolf, a jade color in her eyes as she looked at me. I smiled and rushed down to the woods heading to her, Areum, that's her name and I consider her my sister even if she really isnt.

I went straight to her and hugged her, feeling her soft black fur under my touch. I looked around and saw a few students heading my way, I quickly ran into the forest together with Areum to hide.