24 - Not Anymore

#####

It was silent, gloomy and dark. It was still dawn, not even close to a full morning. Yet here I was, in an eerie room, a single gentle clasp of my hands could already reach the max volume enough to hurt your ears. It was that silent.

Not knowing where the light switch was, I roamed around the dark room, being careful of my every step.

I continued to listen to one single sound that was not made by me in the room, yet no luck. As I continued walking, I ran my fingers through the hard wall, making sure to stumble upon a light switch along the way.

After a few minutes, I was able to touch an object against the wall. I continued to feel it, making sure it is a light switch and not something that may turn this into the worst situation. Completely confident it was a light switch, I flicked it on making me immediately squint my eyes harshly on the extremely bright room.

Blinking my eyes more than once, it started to adjust completely.

And right then and there, I knew what would be coming.

A hospital bed, wires and tube of various kinds laid out openly on a small tray. The glass cabinets all held different types of medicines and ointments. Some cabinets had blood samples of werewolves, wolves and humans while others had a display of the different sizes of needles to be injected on specific occasions.

I always hated hospitals, the smell of chemicals and diseases, the various sharp needles and tools and the face of half dead people that would fit for the best horror movie. But the kind of hospital I hated the most was one for werewolves. Everywhere you would see a wolf sleeping soundly on the bed with hundreds of tubes protruding out of its fur. It pains me all the time to see them and now here I am, soon to be a wolf lying on that bed.

I was told to meet my mother here by three in the morning. I have no idea why she asked for it to be so early but regardless I came 30 minutes before the meeting time. She would be here anytime soon, together with one of the best wolf doctors out there.

2:55 on the clock

Suddenly, a click from the door echoed across the silent room. My attention snapped to the source of the sound as a creak  followed. "Oh? I thought we were the first. Is this her?" The voice of an unfamiliar woman was heard as she eyed my seated figure from head to toe. My mom was surprised and delighted by my early appearance as she quickly greeted me with a hug. "I thought you would not come! You are excited, I see?" She giggled as I rolled my eyes at her attitude. It is like we never had a fight a few days ago. She is...bipolar it seems.

I remained quiet, not uttering a word as my 'mother' accompanied the woman to prepare the necessary tools. She must be the doctor. "Y/N, ready to become beautiful and pure?" Again with no answer, her smile faltered, replaced with a disappointed frown as she walked closer to me.

"Do not tell me that you still wish to be a wolf" She said slightly ticked by my silence. With a roll of her eyes, she pulled me by my hair as I whined in pain. "Let us start now" She smiled at the doctor as she dragged me by the hospital bed. "Go on, lay down" She ordered as I followed without complaint leaving her quite surprised. A loud click followed by another and another as she completely chained me to the bed, unabling me from attempting to leave.

I have already given in, I will not escape. If I did not want to do it, I would not have come. She does not need to chain her own daughter, but who am I kidding, it is her.

"This will hurt ok?" The woman warned as she prepared a long, thick needle to be injected onto me. I looked to the side and saw a bottle which read 'do not handle with carelessness'. Judging by the violet color seeping out from the bottle unto the tube, I assumed it is to remove the wolf blood in me.