13 - Dream But Real

"Dad, tell me. What happens when both mates hate each other?"  a 16 year old daughter asked her father who was seated comfortably on the couch before the question laid comfortably ringing in his hear. A sad smile now forming on his lips.

The man stayed silent, he knows that her daughter forgot about her mate. The boy she always bragged about when she was only 4-5 years old. But now look at her, so empty and bored all the time without any care of the news in the human world.

The woman noticed how her dad didn't answer the question making her heave a sigh "I am older now. I'm pretty sure you won't be ruining my childhood  fantasies of everlasting love between mates." She blankly stated although it had a bit of tone containing irritation. She always had that tone whenever she speaks, blank yet if you listen more, you can hint the tone of coldness and without care

The man once again looked at her daughter's broken gaze. Saying that she doesn't care about mates hating each other would be a lie. For some reason, she always had a feeling of a promise that she made before, a promise that told her about that everlasting love. But of course, that feeling was only a mere shrug to her.

She asked the man once again, this time the tone growing more intense and annoyed. The man sighed a heavy breath before facing her daughter's eyes with a smile. He will tell her. It's true, she is older. So why not just tell her?

"You see Y/N, there goes a lot of complications in love. One that makes you feel joy at the very first meet, or one that makes you have a fist fight to death" She stayed silent waiting for him to continue

"When you hate each other, then you will be strangers. You won't feel any love in your locked eyes or anything actually. But you do feel the warmth, the tingling feeling you always feel when you touch your mate. It's an addicting feeling but when both of you hate each other it just becomes annoying and only not just annoying." He paused and looked straight into her daughter's eyes

"The most annoying feeling in your life that drives you more to kill your mate, only for it to disappear" he sadly said with a smile.

######

[Author]

You were there, in your room, seated on the floor as you leaned your back on the wooden edge of the bed frame. You stared endlessly. But at what? The frame of a white wolf and your wolf.

Yes. A picture of a white wolf, eyes beautifully made blue, very similar to your wolf pillow that it scared you. And there you were beside that wolf, you were with your fur leaned against his as your amethyst eyes shined with a beautiful smile.

Now there you were with tears in your eyes. Memories of you running around the woods with a wolf beside you flashed through your mind. At that moment, you felt the name Pillow.

Yes, you felt it. You did not say it nor did you think about it but you felt it, inside your body. The odd and sickening nostalgia rushing with speed as it spread against your figure who was still seated on the cold hardwood floor.

Pillow

That name you kept inside. It won't disappear. No matter how hard you shrugged off that feeling with a quick thought of 'just a dream', it won't leave. But rather it was digging deeper into your broken mind. You felt like it was making sure not to be forgotten again.

Pillow was real, that was the only thing lingering your head at this moment. The wolf you cared for so much in those drawings, you ended up thinking that it was only a made up character. But no, he was real.

Now one question is left, the question now taking over Pillow's place in your mind

'Who is he?'

Who is Pillow? Who is his human form? You've met him again? You've seen him again? You've talked to him again?

You've...loved him again?

For the millionth time, you sighed. Irritated, irritated and irritated. Why is this happening to you? Why do you have so many unexplained images or more so dreams now only happening to you now. Why not years ago? Why not in the future?

Why now?

So many unanswered questions, making you restless. Tears, now drying up on your stained cheek. You stood up, placed the frame on you bedside table and headed to your desk. Maybe that way you will forget. You will forget again and just focus on studying, that's what you want.

With a tired sigh, you picked up your book. Placed it hard on the wooden structure causing the build to shake. You didn't even care if many of your figurines or collectibles were falling of the shelf. You wanted so much to just get rid of Pillow. To just get rid of that wolf.

And more so to just get rid of Jungkook who was always in your mind, never moving, never faltering, never leaving. Almost like a statue or a mannequin, waiting to be attracted, waiting to be remembered and thought about.

You shrugged the thought off, harshly as you opened your textbook. You will be going to school tomorrow and it is to be expected that there would be many things to catch up to. You started studying each and every page carefully, but without result

None of those thoughts were leaving your head. Not even a single word.

#####

[???]

"Miss, welcome back!" The staff greeted as I stepped off the airplane, breathing freshly the Seoul air. I smiled at her, holding my husband's arm as I walked out the building.

"This is your hometown?" He said with a sweet American accent that I adored. I softly nodded my head with a smile on my face

"Yes it is my hometown, a place where bad memories happened"

---------------------------------------------------------

Another short chapter... I will try my best to make them longer and longer but for now I still have to deal with school.

Sometimes though, I have to make short chapters. Why? Because it's a chapter only about you remembering something. It's a short chapter that slowly connects the story.

So I do hope, even if I am updating slowly, or there will be updates but short chapters, you will continue to like this book.😄😄😄

I always, always, always, and always try my best whenever I write a chapter. Yes, they are short. But they are meant to be. Do not worry, there will be longer chapters.

Hope you have a good day, loves💕💕💕💕💕😁😁