A Plan

I don't own reign!!!

"What?!!" Kenna protested "I don't want to be her lady in waiting! I'm loyal to you Mary!"

"Kenna, relax." Mary said "You will just act as a guide for her and her ladies around French court. We need someone on the inside to gain her trust so we can figure out why she is really here!"

Greer hesitated "Mary? Are you sure you've thought this through? You are still in shock from the attack and..."

Mary erupted "Do not dare question me!" She screamed.

"Enough!" Lola shouted "Mary you are not acting like yourself!" She said more calmly "Please take some time to think this over. Remember what Francis told you about Queen Ella: that she was a dangerous enemy but a powerful ally?"

Mary took several shaky breaths then sat down and put her head in her hands "You're right. I'm sorry girls. But my decision stands. Kenna you will infiltrate Queen Ella's ladies. You will find out what she is doing here. And you will do as I say!"

Kenna sighed, she knew this was a battle she could not win. "Very well. I will do as you ask Mary."

The next morning at breakfast
"... And then the fool trying to win my hand tripped over his own feet and fell into the pond!" Ella laughed

Francis wheezed with pure mirth "That'll teach him to flirt with you, now won't it!"

Mary entered and saw her husband and his old friend doubled over laughing as they stood together.

She sighed and approached them with a smile on her face. "Good morning Francis, Queen Ella, how are you both this fine morning?"

"Quite well Mary," Francis laughed "Ella was just telling me the most amusing stories of her many suitors!"

Ella blushed a pretty pale pink and smacked him gently on the arm. She looked stunning today in a gown of deep blue that made her eyes looks even more blue than her dress. She also wore pearl earrings and a pearl necklace that sat perfectly around her neck.

 She also wore pearl earrings and a pearl necklace that sat perfectly around her neck

"Queen Ella," Mary began.

"Please Mary call me Ella." Ella spoke sweetly.

Gritting her teeth Mary said "But of course, Ella. As I was saying, I have decided to send you one of my ladies to aid you in your visit to French court."

Ella looked surprised "That is truly kind of you Mary, but there is no need. My ladies are most able."

"I insist." Mary answered.

"Well," Ella looked flustered "I suppose it would be alright. But only for the remainder of my visit. I will not take a lady from you for good." She said with finality.

Mary smiled, her plan was going perfectly. Or so she thought.

Ella's POV
So she thinks she can just send in one of her ladies? Well she is most definitely wrong! Ella thought as she prepared to meet the Lady Kenna, who just so happened to be married to the king's bastard brother, Bash, another old friend.

In walked the becoming girl whom Ella had been introduced to at the ball.

She curtsied "Your majesty."

Ella smiled her perfectly practiced smile and lifted Lady Kenna up from her curtsy. "There is no need for such formalities here Kenna! We are to become good friends I believe! Now you remember my ladies correct?"

"Umm..." Kenna mumbled. In the research on Kenna Ella's ladies had done the day previously, they learned that she didn't tend to remember you unless you were someone who could get her pretty things.

Ella laughed "That's quite alright Kenna! I'll introduce you again."

"Thank you your maj..." Kenna began then stopped herself "I mean thank you Ella."

"Ladies!" Ella called and within moments six ladies flooded the room. "We shall begin with my newest maid in waiting, whom you have yet to meet." A small blonde haired girl stepped up and curtsied "Meet lady Ashley."

"A pleasure lady Kenna." Ashley said primly.

"Lady Violet," a beautiful girl stepped forward and curtsied to Kenna.

"Lady Christina," another blonde haired girl.

"Lady Rachel," the dark, curly haired one.

"Lady Cassidy," the tall, willowy girl.

"And lady Tiffany." The girl with a slight smile on her face approached and, instead of curtsying, gave Kenna a hug.

Kenna was shocked and stiffened. But then lady Tiffany said loudly "Hugs girls!" And everyone descended onto Kenna in a massive group hug. Even Ella, laughing, joined in.

All decorum and timidness went out the window! Kenna was in shock as the girls tumbled onto the many rugs on the floor, giggling uncontrollably.

Ella saw Kenna's expression and laughed even harder. "Now now girls! We are scaring Kenna!" She stood up and took Kenna's hands "Here there is no judgement. Here we can be ourselves and accept each other as we are." She explained.

Kenna's face broke out in a grin "Truly?" She asked, not wanting to believe it.

"Truly." Ella answered "Now tell us about yourself. We want to know everything!"

Kenna smiled nervously "Well I am married to Sebastian, Bash, the king's brother. I am a baroness and I normally serve Queen Mary."

"Pish posh! We know that!" Lady Cassidy cried "Tell us something no one else knows!"

"Well..."

Another chapter done!!! I hope you like it! Please comment, vote, add to your reading lists! I appreciate all of you wonderful readers!❤️