Weddings and Beheadings

I don't own Reign!!!

Mary was in the dungeon for questioning. She was as stubborn as could be; refusing to answer questions, insisting that she was innocent, and demanding to see Francis. The guards refused to let her see him. Finally after hours of this Francis and Ella came in.

"Francis!" Mary cried, relieved "Finally! Tell them I did nothing!"

"I can't do that Mary." Francis said sadly.

"What? Why not?" Mary asked.

"Because, Queen Mary," Ella spoke sharply "You did do something. You bribed my tasters; you paid my servant to poison me; and you are responsible for the assassination attempt on me."

Mary stuttered "You-you have no proof!"

"Oh don't I?" Ella raised an eyebrow "Dozens of my servants have come forward, begging for my mercy and several priests have spoken to me about servants telling them that they aided in the attempt on my life."

Mary was shocked "Witnesses?" She asked as her face drained of color "What will you do to me?"

"Nothing." Mary looked surprised and hopeful "I will not do anything to you. But my dear ally Elizabeth will be happy to take you into her custody."

"No!" Mary screamed "You cannot! She will kill me!"

"After what you have done do you not deserve anything and everything you get?" Ella asked "I have given you opportunity after opportunity, chance after chance to prove yourself. Every time you have disappointed me. Now you try to kill me? Queen Mary what would you do if you were in my position?" Mary was silent. "That's what I thought. You will be traded to Elizabeth at dawn for several valuable prisoners."

Ella and Francis left the dungeon and Mary broke down in tears.

The next morning

Mary was in chains, her beautiful gown stained and dirty. Ella's guards took her to the top of a hill, Ella arrived within moments. A carriage rumbled up to the top of the hill and out stepped Queen Elizabeth.

"Empress," the redhead curtsied respectfully "it is a pleasure to see you again."

"The pleasure is all mine my friend." Ella and Elizabeth embraced "I'm sure you are aware of the assassination attempt on my life at my wedding dinner. The one responsible is the one with a significant claim to your throne. Queen Mary."

"Really?" Elizabeth gasped "And what will you do to her?"

"Nothing," Ella shrugged "I'm trading her to you in exchange for some valuable prisoners you hold from France."

"Then what do you want me to do with her?" Elizabeth asked "Her husband will surely pay any price to get her back. You would trust me with her?"

"Of course. And Francis and I have an understanding," Ella assured the Queen "he will not try to get her back. He has lost all love for her."

"Very well then." Elizabeth signaled to a guard who came forward "Release the French prisoners."

"Here is a list of those we want freed." Ella handed the guard a piece of paper.

"Yes your majesties." The guard bowed and backed away.

Mary was brought forward, stumbling and crying, she threw herself at the Empress's feet "Please! I'm sorry! I will never do anything like this again! Please!"

"Don't beg." Ella commanded "Get up. Your tears will not change my mind. You are not worthy to live, but by our kindness, you have survived. Now you must pay the price for your sins."

She knew she was being harsh, but she didn't care. Mary had threatened her life, her future, and her hopes of a family. Nothing would stop her from putting an end to the threat.

Word count: 608 words

I'm so sorry! I've been super busy with school so I haven't been able to update much. And I know it's not a lot but please forgive me.

I've gotten more than 2k reads! You guys are fantastic! Thank you so much! Please comment, vote, and add to your reading lists!
I love you guys,
The Author