two

The two periods went by quickly. My teachers seemed okay and the content, while easy wasn't boring, so I was happy. Any anxieties I had had earlier were for the most part diminished.

Remembering my way back to the cafeteria, I walked around to where we had been sitting earlier, and there sat Bridget.

"You're in one piece!" Bridget smiled, as I took a seat.

"I am here. Didn't even need to call," I smiled

"Good to hear,"

"Oh there you are!" Jaden said walking towards us, putting down his tray of cafeteria food as I took out my packed lunch from my back. "So I was thinking right?"

"uh oh," Bridget smiled.

"No, it's a good idea," Jaden promised.

"So what is it?" I rose an eyebrow, opening the box which Grandma had put my sandwich in.

"Well, since you're the best singer since well, since I don know when, I think you should sing up for Open Mic Night on Friday."

"Oh my god, yes!" Bridget was excited.

"What's Open Mic Night?" I asked, taking a bite from my sandwich.

"So theres this cafe diner called Stevie's and like its the spot around around here. Anyway, ever month they do an Open Mic Night and they have on this Friday night and everyone with some performance talent performs. You would be incredible,"

I was sold. I loved performing and hadn't performed since Portland.

"That sounds great!" I grinned."But how do I sign up?"

"We both have free periods, last period, I'll take you down there and we can sign up," Jaden explained, looking around the cafeteria.

"Seriously? You would do that?"

"Of course," He said, as a boy bleached blond dreadlocks, approached us with a group of boys. "You have to perform,"

"Hey Jj," The boy with dreads sat next the Jaden, wrapping an arm around him as he kissed his cheek.

"Oh, Margot, this is Ian," Jaden introduced, blushing from his boyfriend's expressions of affection. "Ian, this is Margot, she's new, and cool,"

"Hey," Ian smiled. Returning the smile, his group followed, introducing themselves there was Ameer, Merlyn, Joba then the boy who had happened to sit next to me.

"Hey, I'm matt," he introduced. Fuck, he was cute, but wasn't what I would normally label my type. However, keep in mind that 'my type' was always something impermanent.

As lunch progressed, I found myself taking glances of the boy who called himself Matt. One by one I took in each detail of him.

- He had dark hair, short on the side but long and dishevelled on the top.

- His jaw was wide and and chiseled as it tapered to his chin.

- His brow led perfectly smooth down to his nose

- Around his upper lip and cheeks you could see the darker area where facial hair grew and shaved.

-his eyes were large, even if he had bags under his eyes

"So margot, what are your thoughts on this place so far," Jaden had noticed I wasn't as actively involved in the conversation. Of course, he hadn't noticed I didn't mind that.

"Can't say I have made any conclusions. Seems pretty damn normal"

"Normal's a good way to put it," Kevin laughed.