ten

Over the next month, things were going well. I was nailing my classes at school, making friend and things were good at home. Dad wasn't performing as much as he used to so he was at home regularly and grandma was getting along well enough without grandpa. Mum and Dad would take her for regular checkups and she was happy to have people around again. Matt and I skated every weekend. We hadn't gone back to the spot we went the first time, but I didn't mind, we would still spend entire days together.

That weekend, there was a group of us who were going into the city for a concert, it was at a venue in Houston that hosted the odd concert here and then and tonight was just a night of a few musicians and Bridget had invited everyone to come. She really liked an artist that was playing.

The plan was that Ian would pick Jaden, Bridget and I from my house at seven and then we would drive into town and meet Matt, Joba, Ameer and Merlyn at the venue. Right now, it was six thirty and Jaden, Bridget and I were currently getting ready at my house.

Getting dressed up, I wore a pair of green Adidas track pants and a black body suit with a sports jacket over it. Bridget stuck to her trademark colourful and creative style and wore a pair of lilac pants and a cropped black top with a lilac pattern and a lilac jacket as well as matching accessories. Meanwhile, Jaden was effortlessly looking good in a pair of jeans and a graphic shirt.

Ian picked us up right on time and we got to the venue by seven thirty. Waiting outside, suddenly Bridget had seen someone and ran off to a blonde guy ten metres away. It was her boyfriend.

"Nick, this is Margot," Bridget came back, holding hands with the blond boy. "Margot, this is Nick,"

"Hi," I smiled politely. Everyone else knew him, I don't know why I thought twice on that either. of course they knew each other, Nick went to school with them last year.

After another five minutes, the rest of the group arrived and all together we entered. The venue was jam packed. The music was fine, but just so many people.

"I'm getting a drink," I told the group, I wasn't one to drink, but at least I would be able to get out of myself.

"Do you have ID?" Bridget shouted over the music.

"Yeah," I replied.

"I'll come," Matt poked me on the shoulder.

Over at the bar, I ordered two gin and tonic's, one for Matt too. The bartender asked for ID. I gave him what he wanted and the bartender followed through.

"You mind a gin and tonic?" I asked Matt, as we waited for the drinks.

"You ordered me something?" Matt seemed surprised.

"I figured that was why you came with me, right?"

"No, I just came with you because this place is packed" Matt revealed.

"You really didn't have to," I smiled, touched at his thoughtfulness.

"I know," Matt looked to his feet as the bartender gave me the drinks. Passing one to Matt, he took a cautious sip. "I know you don't need a babysitter, but I wanted to hang out with you this evening,"

So did I. We had spoken only briefly in classes during the week and in group conversation at lunch. I enjoyed spending one on one time with Matt.

"Me too," I told him. "This music isn't really my scene, but you wanna dance?"

Shrugging, Matt accepted my request and taking my hand we went to the floor, dancing with no particular vigour. It was all harmless really. We just moved to the music and there was nothing that really stood out, but it was still nice for it to be the two of us.

A song or two later, the rest of the group found us, joining us as we danced. They must've had a drink or two because they were all free of a conscious and were having the time of their lives. Nevertheless, Matt and I had had our single drink and we were unaffected.

We stayed there until eleven when thee acts began to stop and now a shitty DJ took over and the energy began to die. The night was still young and we were hungry.

Leaving the venue, we decided to walk down the street and find somewhere to eat.

"Well that could've been worse," I said to Matt as we followed the group down the street.

"That's true. " Matt agreed, yawning.

"Past your bedtime?" I teased.

"Big boys don't have bedtimes!" Matt stuck out his bottom lip jokingly.

"I'm so sorry," I laughed. "But going out, having a social life, wow, it's tiring,"

Chuckling, Matt looked down at me, smiling in what appeared as admiration.

"What?" I began to blush.

"Nothing," He was blushing too.

"No, what?" I was confused, but I couldn't help but smile.

"I'll sound stupid," He looked away, before sneaking a look back at me.

"Will you?" I rolled my eyes.

"You're already judging me!" Matt was joking, but he still gave me that look.

"Shut up, anyway, why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?"  He maintained his entertained smile.

"Like that!" I held my hands outstretched, holding his head with one hand, squishing his cheeks.

"I just can't help it okay?" He exclaimed, wrapping an arm around me. I was shocked. Where did this come from? We were just walking and his arm was around me.  I heart was beating a million miles an hour and we remained silent until we reached the end of the block, finding a casual pizza place, following the group in.

In the, what I guess you could call a restaurant, Matt took his arm off me and I missed it. It had a nice weight to it on my shoulders, but I knew he didn't want anyone seeing, even though someone probably already had.

a/n: wow, thanks for over 250 and the love you show when it comes to comments and votes.