thirty four

In the lobby, people were gathering around to see me and right at the front of the word where my friends and family were smiling and greeting me.

"Margot!" My parents had massive grins on my face, the both of them enveloping me in a hug.

"We're so proud of you," Mom kissed my cheek, Dad rubbing my back.

"You're our little star," Dad squeezed me proudly, my parents letting go of me, to let my friends see me.

"I can't fucking believe you," Ian was next to wrap an arm around me, everyone else, cheering and hollering for me, but standing behind everyone was Matt, smiling. Just smiling.

Stepping away from the group, Matt took me in his arms, kissing me wide on the mouth. Snuggling his head in the crook of my neck, he peppered kisses on my neck.

"Holy shit," He moved from one foot to another, swaying the two of us from side to side. "You were incredible. I love you so much," Looking up to me, he pecked my lips, to two of us beaming, before we were interrupted by my Mom, nudging me. I pulled away from Matt, turning to Mom who was standing next to Grace.

"I'm seriously impressed," Grace shook my hand politely. "Seriously, I'm even more excited for you to come to New York. I have to go, I have a flight to catch but I'll call you,"

Grace left us and for the next hour, I met the people who came to the show who hung around long enough and got to take photos and talk to them.

Afterward we went to dinner and once we'd eaten, Matt and I were sitting in my car, on the back seat, making out under the streetlight, casting an orange light over us.

"Hey," Matt stopped, gasping. "Can you sing me that song you sun tonight?"

"The new one?" I asked, Matt nodded. Leaning back on his lap.

"Baby while we're young

I think we should do something crazy

Like say "Fuck everyone"

And just run away from the daily routine

Yeah you know what I mean,"

I sang softly, but enough for him to hear me and as I sang, Matt kissed my neck, leaving cherry coloured bruises.

"I'm tellin' everybody you're mine and I like it

And I really hope you don't mind, I can't fight it

No, you know I cannot hide it 'cause I am so excited

That I finally decided on you,"

My voice had a surprising sensuality, and my fingers travelled into Matt's hair, feeling breath warm my chest.

I sang Matt the entire song to him, as he held me, his lips travelling across me.

"I love you," I whispered to him as I finished, nestling my head in his chest.

"Its about us,"He noted, brushing my hair with his fingers.

"Yeah, it is," I nodded, sitting up to look at him, before going down to kiss his neck, leaving the same kind of bruises he did for me.

It was late when we got back and coming in through the back door we went straight to my room, were we had one of the best nights we had ever spent together.

"One day, when you're in New York, I'm going to fly in and surprise you and I'm going to surprise you and I'm going to take you to dinner and then you can show me your favourite things in New York, then you'll take me back to your apartment and we make love, the most incredible love," Matt held me in my bed, the two of us only just had sex. "You live in this studio apartment and we're going so well. Brockhampton, we're going so well. We are releasing endless music, meanwhile you're a star. You're the Margot people know,"

"That sounds like a dream," I giggled, looking up to my ceiling, inhaling the scent of Matt's skin.

"It's gonna be a reality," Matt squeezed me. "I love you,"

"Matt," I sighed, turning to see him. "Let's not speculate. Who knows what will happen,"

"Why are you being cynical?"

"I'm not," I shrugged, wrapping my leg around him, the both of us completely naked. I could feel all of him. I could feel the soft white skin of his thighs and the dark hair that grew there, but that also thickened as it approached his crotch. On his stomach, his skin was the softest and the least hair grew. I would caress and kiss him there. I would feel his skin under my lips, sometimes leaving lipstick stains there. "You know it's a dream. Dreams can come true. Sometimes dreams aren't always the best thing that can happen"

"You're right."