Chapter 1

[ I ] Chapter 1

        "Ɛdward, are you serious?" I exclaimed with a frown. Edfart glared at me while the other members of the coven stood to the side. I sighed and slumped down onto the comfy sofa. Even if vampires never get sleepy, we can still get emotionally tired. This was one of my days when I finally feel my age catching up to me. Carlisle stepped forward with a tentative smile directed at me.

        "Genevieve, Edward finally found his mate. Wouldn't you be happy as well if you did?"

        "Puh-lease Carlisle." I scoffed, moving my legs so my ankles were intertwined. "I'm going to be forever alone." Emmett snickered and Carlisle shot him a stern look before looking back at me with a raised brow. Being the doctor's friend for centuries helps you tell what he wants and what he doesn't want. "Look at me! I'm 1500 years old and I still have no mate! I've been to every single continent and visited all the cities and I'm still single! Ha! Still confident I'll get a mate?"

        Carlisle sighed and shook his head with a slight smile dancing at his lips. Edward spoke up "She's coming over tomorrow."

        "What." Rosalie and I said in unison. It would've been an amusing sight, but in this situation, everyone was silent. Edward shot Rosalie and I a glare, again, and started to rant on about how we have to treat her with the best respect possible. I rolled my eyes She's not the god here. The bronze-haired Cullen shot me a look and I grinned.

        My mind was constantly at work. Reason? I have the gift of knowledge and let me tell you, the world never ceases it's movements. I received death dates, birth dates, people's identifications, and other sorts of information that I store in my brain. It's like when I need to, I can just sift through one of the files in my head and I get the answer. Nothing gets past me. I repeat, Nothing.

        The next day, I was drinking animal blood while sitting on the couch, flipping through a magazine. I tried not to get anything on my clothes since they were new and Alice didn't like me spilling anything so.. yeah. Edweirdo was fetching Bella. I mean, he's not a dog like those Quileutes across the river... or is he? I snickered at the thought.

        Alice and Jasper went out to hunt, leaving the others to cook up an Italian meal. Rosalie wasn't happy about it, I mean, she was naturally broody. The sound of gravel crumbling under a car driving up to the house interrupted my thoughts. The engine shut off and I could hear Edward telling Isabella about the family and whatnot. I set down the magazine and glass to go over to the open window. I slowly opened it, trying to be silent.

        Just as I was about to jump through the window, Edward stopped me "What are you doing, Genevieve?"

        I rolled my eyes and turned around to see a very pale brunette standing next to Edfart. She was clinging to him as if she were scared. I smirked as new information of her sunk into my head "Do not be afraid of me, Isabella. I will never harm the people of Forks." I saw her form relax slightly so I turned my gaze to Edward. "To answer your question, Edward, I was trying to escape your revolting presence. Does that answer satisfy you?" I proceeded to mentally curse at him in my mother-tongue.

        Now he stiffened, offended, but before he could even reply, Carlisle and Esme came from the other room with warm smiles. The rest of the family introductions went smoothly until Rose broke a glass bowl. Something about Bella lying that she was hungry or something. I sighed and face-palmed "Rose. That was my favorite glass bowl. You owe me one." 

        She looked at me apologetically before stomping out of the room. "Clean that up!" Esme called after her, exasperated. I snickered and Edward glared at me. Esme shook her head with a sigh "I'll never understand her."

        "She has a few. . . issues." I heard Edward mumble to Isabella. I snarled and he looked at me with a fierce glare before herding the mortal up the stairs, leaving me fuming. The two continued to talk about graduation caps and whatnot, causing me to almost, almost, roll my eyes.

        Carlisle came up beside me and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Don't even try, Carlisle." I groaned, turning around to go sulk but he said something that made my mood shoot straight to the heavens. I grinned as I turned around "Really?" 

        He smiled back "Yes, we're going to play baseball in two days when the storm comes."

        "WOO HOO!" I hooted, jumping up. "I'm gonna kick your asses!"