Chapter 4

[ IV ] Chapter 4

        "What do you mean she's gone?" I asked while tapping into a small place in my mind to see where the human went. A ballet studio? I hummed sub-consciously, causing Alice to screech.

        "Genevieve!"

        "Fine, goddamnit. She's at this ballet studio in Phoenix or something. I dunno." I sighed, hanging up the phone.

        Drumming my fingers against the steering wheel, I wondered where I should go. Paris? Brazil? Perhaps Italy? I shook my head, exasperated with myself. I was a mess without the Cullens. Obviously, the nomadic lifestyle was not for me.

        Grabbing the roots of my wavy hair, I almost screamed in frustration. If only I had found. . . wait what. Hold this shit. What am I saying? I've lived a millenia and a half without one. What the fuck was this sudden desire?

        Deciding to suck it up, I called one of my old acquaintances through Rose and Emm-bear. Garrett. The vampire picked up on the first ring.

        "Have you finally decided to hook me up for a date, sweetness?" He purred through the phone.

        "No way in hell will I ever date you, baby." I cooed, using my pet name for him.

        Garrett sighed. "What do you need then, Vienna?"

        "When I ask you this, I need you to answer on instinct. Capisce?" I said sternly as I scrolled through the songs in my iPod.

        "Sure."

        "Where should I go for vacation?"

        "Italy." He answered in the same second.

        "Ookay? Any reasons?"

        "The scenery there is just marvelous. Just don't get too close to Volterra. The Volturi are a pain in the ass if you get involved with them."

        I rolled my eyes. "Okay, okay. Thanks babe."

        "Anytime sweetness." He rumbled before hanging up.

        Sighing, I started up the engine and directed my car towards the airport. Sea-Tac was it?

        Wrapping a scarf around my head and placing sunglasses to cover up my blood-red eyes, I stepped out of the airport into the Italian sun. So. Refreshing. The heat pressed down on me as I immediately rented a car and went to a luxurious hotel called Borgo Santo Pietro. Sure, it was expensive. . . and I was spoiling myself, but it was totally worth it.

        I had booked the Santo Pietro Grand Suite. One of the two available Ultimate Seclusion Suites. It included a Terrace, A/C, a Mini Bar, Music, LCD Flat Screen Tv's, a working free phone, a safe, and a working fireplace. Ha, who knew.

        Flopping onto the soft bed which wasn't needed unless two mates wanted to get it on. . . dot dot dot. . . Anyway, I sighed in content as I pulled out a book from my duffel bag. Maybe this is what I'll do for the rest of my life. My inner conscious hummed in approval.