Chapter 10

[ X ] Chapter 10

        I suppressed a shudder and squared my shoulders, forcing myself to stop gawking at this supposedly-malicious king. "I'm sorry Lord Caius. I will make sure that I look at people when they are addressing me." I muttered quietly, though I was sure that he could hear me.

        His lips quirked upwards in a small smile, but it didn't reach his eyes. "Good." He turned around and flitted to the door. As he opened it, he turned around to look at me. "I shall instruct one of the guard to fetch your items."

        The door closed behind him and I collapsed onto the chair. God, he's way too hot. I rubbed my temples and tried to focus on something else. Does this mean that I'm a toy to be used now? That thought saddened and angered me. I hate people who try and use my gift for their personal gain.

        My thoughts ran wild, but one thing that bothered me most was Caius. Wasn't he supposed to summon me? Why did he just come to his—my—room? Standing up, I walked over to the floor-to-ceiling doors lined by curtains and opened them. The hot sun hit me straight in the face and I let out a satisfying sigh.

        Rainbows bounced and danced on the polished marble as I started to shine like a diamond. I leaned on the rail and looked into the distance. The view was beautiful; my room was facing a large garden filled with a variety of plants, a clear blue sky, and a forest. ​At least no humans could see me sparkling like a friggin disco ball. . . oh, is that Marcus?

        I peered closely at the figure and yes indeed, it was him. He  caught my gaze, nodded briefly, and continued on his stroll. Out of the three leaders, Marcus was the most lenient, but he had an aura of sadness which made me question my statement. Maybe it was because of the loss of his mate, Didyme. Shaking my head, I closed my eyes and tilted my face upwards toward the sun.

        For a moment, I forgot about all my problems and I let myself truly relax for the first time. I would've stayed there forever if it weren't for the knock on my door. Ripping myself from my reverie, I flickered to the door and opened it to see a very sophisticated guard with my duffel bag. He held it out. "Your things, ma'am." Ma'am

        Hesitantly, I took the bag. "Thanks. . ." He nodded and turned around, walking back down the hall. Blinking, I retreated back into my room and deposited the bag on the bed. I should take a shower. Maybe that'll take things off my mind.

        Stripping, I place my clothes on the counter and step into the shower cubicle. Seats line the back of the space and there were already items for body wash and hair wash on the marble seats. Grinning like a child getting a present on Christmas, I take my time under the hot water, enjoying the steam even though my skin stayed eternally cold. Once I was sure that my mind was clear, I stepped out and wrapped a fluffy towel around me.

        Snatching my clothes off of the counter, I walked out into the cool room to rummage through my bag for clothes. Eventually, I settled on a simple wrap-sweater, jeans, and some normal jewelry. Fortunately, when I went through the change, my piercing-holes were frozen so they wouldn't knit back together.

        Taking a blood-red lipstick, I very gently sculpted my lips so they looked fuller. I walked into the bathroom to make some changes until I was satisfied. I started to draw out my winged eyeliner when a loud moan ricocheted throughout the castle. It startled me so much to the point I drew a long black line from my eye to the top of my cheekbone. 

        Sometimes, I hated vampire hearing. You could hear literally everything and right now, someone was doing very naughty things. Groaning in frustration, I blocked out the moans and grunts and took a soft cloth to wash the eyeliner off. After I finished my makeup, I went over to the fireplace to sit in front of it.

        My phone started to ring and without checking the caller ID, I picked it up with a sigh. "You have Genevieve on the line."

        "Dear lord, Genevieve!" Rose screamed. I winced. "I can't believe Alice let you stay there! My god!"

        "It was Edward. Not Alice. In fact, give him a good beating for me since I'm not there." I pinched the bridge of my nose in exasperation.

        "You do it yourself!" The vampiress growled. "Come back and I swear I'll buy you an Audi R8 of your color choice!

        I grinned at the thought of driving that bad boy, but the grin fell immediately when I considered my escape options. "You know, Rosie, that is a very tempting offer. I may just get my head torn off for you."

        Rosalie scoffed and I could just almost imagine her rolling her eyes. "Yeah, do that. Oh, I got to go. Talk to you later, BBFL?"

        "BBFL." I agreed with a smirk and she hung up. BBFL was our title for each other. Best Bitches for Life. My smile faded as I came back into reality. I'm in a castle belonging to the most powerful and most feared vampire coven in the entire universe.

        A knock on the door startled me out of my thoughts. Walking over, I opened the door to see Jane and Alec; the Witch Twins. Shit what did I do. I blanched.

        "Master Aro wishes to speak with you."