Chapter 2

[ II ] Chapter 2

        "What the hell? He brought the human with him?" I exclaimed in disbelief as I watched Edward help Isabella out of the car. I swung the bat over my shoulder and put all my weight on one leg. "I mean like.. what in the seven hells caused him to do that? Does he know that he might scare her off?" I joked, a teasing glint in my eye as I glanced over at Rosalie beside me. The blonde smirked.

        "I hope he does. Vampire baseball isn't very pretty... well, I take that back. It's only not pretty when you're here." Rosalie jested, shoving me with her shoulder playfully.

        "Hey! I don't do anything! It's your big hulk of a man that does it!" I pouted as Rosalie and I walked towards the group spread out on the field. 

        "Pipsqueak! Give me the bat!" Emmett hollered as he tackled me to the ground.

        "Hell naw, you big baby! Get your own." I growled playfully as we tumbled around on the wet grass. When Emmett was about to grab the bat out of my hands, I screamed and started to shout with a poor-imitation of a british accent. "AHH! Save the damsel, for she is being molested!"

        Jasper glanced over and smirked, twirling his favorite bat in his hands. "Genevieve, just give it to him."

        "No." I muttered stubbornly.

        "Oh come on, listen to your brotha!" Emmett smirked, straightening himself up before holding out a hand to help me up. He was expecting a hand, not a hit to the face with a bat of all things. "Hey!" He snarled as I cackled evilly, running away from him. I skidded to a halt before running back and snatching the bat away from his feet.

        "Rose! Catch!" The blonde grinned as she caught the flying piece of wood.

        "Thanks!" She yelled before going to Carlisle and doing the hand-on-hand thing while Emmett was given a itty-bitty ball to play with. I bounced over to Bella and Esme. 

        "Glad you could come.. we need an umpire."

        "She means we cheat." I winked as I joined the two.

        Esme grinned. "I know you cheat... call me if there's a scene Bella. Well. Any scene that happens is because of Genevieve here."

        My jaw dropped in mock astonishment. "Hey! Not fair!" I growled, before jogging over to stand near the trees just as Alice said that it was time to start. "WOO! Go Rosie! You can beat these midgets!" I cheered as Rosalie went into a ready position. As the blonde hit the ball, it went directly beside my face, missing it by a hair length "ROSE! NOT MY FACE!" I screeched while she laughed as she ran the bases. I turned around and ran after the ball just as it came hurdling to me. Again. I growled in irritation as I ducked. "Really? Really, Edward?!"

        Edward gave me a smug grin before flashing away. Carlisle was up next. Same as always; Alice pitched, the batter hit. But this time, as I  positioned to catch the ball, heavy weights pressed down on me. Emmett and Edward had fell on top of me as I was preparing to catch the ball. The ball landed and danced on the wet grass a few feet away from my face. "I CALL THIS A CHEAT! BELLAIT'S A CHEATTTT!" 

        Isabella grinned and laughed a little but otherwise, she said nothing. I sniffled, pressing a hand to my bosom. "I feel unloved." I gasped dramatically, sprawled out on the grass.

        Emmett snorted in response. So, the baseball game went on and eventually, I caught the slightest whiff of a familiar scent. "Stop!" Alice cried. Immediately, everyone went over to Bella leaving me rolling like a panda bear around the field.

        "Let's go." Edward hissed to Bella, but Carlisle stopped him.

        "It's too late."

        "They were leaving but they heard us." Alice gasped as she looked into the future.

        "Put your hair down." I heard the crazy mind-reader instruct his lover.

        I snorted and walked over just as I heard Rosalie snarl. "Like that will help, I can smell her all the way across the field."

        "Ditto!" I grinned before hopping onto Emmett's broad back. "Carry me you big lug."

        "Calm down, Genevieve. How can you be so chill?" Edward snarled just as three nomads emerged from the treeline.

        Ignoring him on purpose, I rested my chin on Emmett's head with a cat-like smile. A red-head, a blondie, and an old friend. "I believe this belongs to you." The vampire in the middle, which happened to be my friend purred as he threw the baseball to Carlisle.

        "Hiiiiiiiiiiii." I drawled lazily from the top of Emmett's head.

        The vampire looked over to me with a brow raised. "Genevieve? Why are you here? I expected you to be halfway across the globe."

        Offended for like the millionth time that day, I half gasped and half sobbed. "Wow, such love I get from friends."

        Carlisle smiled warmly, as per usual and continued the conversation as if I hadn't interrupted. Ouch. "Thank you."

        "I am Laurant and this is Victoria," He motioned to the red-head who smirked almost evilly.

        "Hai." I purred.

        "and James." He nodded his head to the blondie who was staring at Isabella who shifted uncomfortably. 

        "I'm Carlisle and this is my family." Carlisle motioned to us standing beside him. Oblivious to the tension I grinned and waved. I was feeling a bit coo-coo in the head right now sooo. . . "I'm afraid your hunting activities has made quite of a mess for us." The doctor continued.

        Laurent raised his brows. "Our apologies. We didn't realize that the territory had been claimed."

        "Ah, well, we retain a permanent residence nearby."

        "Really? Well, you won't have any problems. We were just passing through." 

        Yadda yadda yadda. More exchanges and in the end, we were about to play another game when suddenly James almost literally lunged for Isabella. "We'll go now." Laurent said, raising his hands in a peace gesture. "James." He barked harshly.

        "Wait wait wait wait!!!" I screeched, leaping off of Emmett and onto Laurent. "Gimme a hug before I don't see ya for another decade mkay?" I squeezed him tight, causing him to cough. 

        "Genevieve-" He smirked, patting me on the back as I twirled back towards the Cullens. In a blink of an eye the nomads were gone.