Chapter 12

[ XII ] Chapter 12

"I am only telling you to do this because she needs to learn, brother."

"Why me, though?" He snapped angrily, crossing his arms like an adolescent.

"You are the master of seduction. You make any woman fall at your feet."

        "May I come in?" Caius purred.

        I stood, holding the door open and gawking at him like some idiot. Why was Caius here, againIt's only been a day or two since the small meeting and I wasn't too keen on being pressed up against the wall again. Caius raised a perfectly sculpted brow and I moved to the side. "Of course." I muttered and the blonde God gracefully moved into the room and onto a plush chair next to the window.  The fluid grace seemed as if it were automatic movements.

        He crossed his legs together and placed his hands on his lap. I closed the door slowly, unsure if I should bolt or not. His calmness was unnerving.

        "Um. May I help you?"

        "No, I am merely sitting here. I have finished my duties for the day and I have nothing on my agenda." Caius answered immediately, a small smile playing on his lips. I narrow my eyes suspiciously as his eyes start to roam. Suddenly, I regret not doing the top buttons of my shirt. "You certainly have no fashion sense at all." He stated bluntly.

        My mouth opened in shock. How. Dare. He. I shut it quickly, jarring my teeth and repressing the growl. "Excuse you. I have a fashion sense! Alice tied me to a friggin chair and lectured me on how to dress so don't you start complaining on what I wear or you can face her yourself." I scowl, placing my hands on my hips, glaring at him.

        His smile still held, even though it tightened slightly. Why is he making such an effort to talk to me anyway? "I apologize. I also notice that you are not wearing a Cullen-marked accessory. Is there any reason to that?" He inquired while reaching over to the curtains beside him. With a swift flick of his wrist, the satin pieces flew apart and sunlight shined down on him. 

        A million rainbows danced on the surface of the walls and the floor; basically anything the light could touch. With his silky smooth platinum-blonde hair and sparkling skin, Caius was a sight to behold. Mentally slapping myself, I walked over to a chair opposite of him and sat down, not wanting my legs to slump under me like Jell-O. "I don't belong to them." I answered simply.

        A raised brow from Caius told me to move on. "The Cullens don't own me. They have no right to label me like livestock. So maybe you can call me a nomad." I shrugged, leaning back into the chair. What game is he playing? I eyed him suspiciously, looking for any weird movements like fidgeting. None.

        Caius merely nodded in understanding. I looked away from his physique after a while and we sat like that; in silence. When my body started to relax involuntarily, I tensed up once more. No, I can't let my guard down with himWhy not? My subconscious sniffs. There's a hottie in your room, just relax and let it all flow. I shut her up with a brick to the face.

        "I'm sure you have nothing to do tomorrow so I ask you; will you hunt with me? You haven't fed in a while." Caius said suddenly, causing me to jump in surprise.

        I looked at him and tilted my head, scrutinizing him. "Sure. . . I would appreciate it. But don't the guard give you humans to feed on?" Somehow I am genuinely curious.

        The king in front of me scoffed, showing his other side for a split second before he shook himself. He took a deep breath, his eyes widening slightly as his eyes darted to mine. Immediately, out of reflex, I stiffened. What now.

        His eyes darkened slightly and a slight growl emanated through his lips. Dear lord, what did I do now? He closed his eyes, regaining his composure and opening his beautiful eyes. He looked at me with indifference as if he didn't even care if I jumped into a pit of flames. Ouch. That thought hurts. "I like to hunt on my own, it helps to take things off of the mind." He replied coolly.

        I nodded slowly in understanding. God dang it, this man was incredibly sexy but he seems to be bipolar as well. Caius stood and I copied him, out of respect. "I shall see you tomorrow evening then, Genevieve?" The way he caressed my name with his tongue sent shivers down my spine.

        I could only nod as he smiled and walked calmly out of the room, leaving me to think about what just happened.

        Holy shit, I'm going hunting with one of the most feared vampires in the entire world!