Chapter 7

[ VII ] Chapter 7

        Shit. Was my only thought as I stared back at the young-looking girl. "Why?" I growled quietly, not removing my foot from Edward's throat. "I'm in the middle of telling this suicidal guy off."

        No answer. She only turned and walked back into the room, leaving the doors wide open. There sat the three Volturi Kings. Shit. Removing my foot instantly, I glanced down at Edward who merely rolled over into the room before standing. Rolling my eyes, I walked in after him. The large doors swung shut behind us.

        The room was dome-shaped, columns stood to the sides, holding up a ring of intricate linings. Benches sat between each Volturi guard and I sighed. I am doomed. I fucking hate you, Edward. Just know that. I fucking hate you.

        I snuck a glance at him and the edges of his lips were up. Bastard. "Well well." A smooth voice lured my eyes from Edward's infuriating face to the guy seated in the middle, on the dais, between two other men. Aro? I tapped into my mind. Yeah, the psychotic vamp who wanted vampires with gifts in his coven.

        I crossed my arms in a small stance of defiance. It wasn't the medieval era. I wasn't bowing down to anyone. "We heard a bit of a ruckus outside. . ." Aro continued in his creepy voice. 

        Raising my brows to silently prod him to continue, I almost ripped my hair out in frustration. I was dealing with crazy suicidal people today, and now people who talked in a very slow manner. Today was just not my day.

        "What is this bickering of yours? Is there any reason why you two must destroy my marble walls?" He finished with a small smile, stroking his bottom lip with an index finger.

        "Well you see—" I started, but Edfart interrupted me, causing me to close my eyes to restrain myself from punching or smacking him in the face again.

        "It is nothing, Aro." Edward sighed tiredly. "She is just overreacting, really. A bit childish she can be at times."

        My jaw dropped as I looked over at him. "What?" I hissed, completely forgetting about the other vampires in the room. "OverreactingChildish? That should be my line Mr. Suicidal. I was forced here by your crazy-ass sister yelling at me to retrieve you and stop you from doing anything rash. I am telling you that your frigging god-forsaken mate is not dead and here you are saying that am childish?"

        Edward's eyes hardened into coldness but it was Aro who intervened. "Elaborate?" His eyes were hardened too, but a small amused smile played on his lips. Keep on laughing you bastards.

        "On what? I basically told you everything." I seethed.

        "You will show respect to your Kings and elders." Caius, the only powerless king snarled, a quiet threat in those words. Our eyes met and we started a glare-competition. His fiery gaze matched my own and I unfolded my arms, clenching my hands into fists. A warning nudge from Edweirdo snapped me back to the present.

        "I will allow you to leave for now, young Edward. If you still wish to perish, continue your plan at noon high." Aro breathed. I tensed. What about me? Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck Edward if you leave me here I swear to the seven heavens that I will hunt you down and tear you apart. Or I'll actually somehow revive you and rip your head off myself.

        Edward dipped his head and turned around, walking slowly to the doors. Leaving me to glare heatedly at his retreating form. Okay, so he chose me ripping his head off. When the doors closed, I turned forward to see a black suit blocking everything in my sight. Fuck. I stumbled backwards at the sudden close proximity of the vampire king. He steadied me, his thumbs touching my bare neck on purpose.

        I tensed and tried to step away, but he held me still with surprising strength. No matter how much I wriggled and tugged, I couldn't get out of his grip. Caius growled in silent warning for me to keep still. Desperate and panicking, I tensed to the point my dead veins popped out in my neck.

        After hours of absorbing all the information, Aro came back to the present. He stroked my neck almost tenderly before releasing me. "Such a large burden to carry for such a young vampire." He brought his fingertips together and slowly walked backwards. He turned around and I didn't know what he did, but Caius snarled in fury.

        Flinching, I hoped that my luck held on. There was a chance that I'd be freed, right? No, my subconscious sneered. You fell into this trap like a moth to fire. Time to pay. Fuck.

        Aro sat back down slowly and I started to fidget. Was I in trouble? Damn it what in the world did I do this time? "Uhm. . . can I. . . uh. . . go?" I squeaked under the fiery gazes of the kings.

        "Why, of course not dear!" Aro smirked. "Your gift is far too. . . shall we say, precious. Yes." He caressed the word precious as if it were a delicate piece of glass.

        I flinched again. Damn it. The Volturi are worse than the Cullens. My phone buzzed in my back pocket and I tentatively took it out, covering the screen as if I were scared of the kings looking at my text.

    March 20, 2006  ||  1:49

                   Subject: Future

        I'm so sorry Genevieve! I didn't know that you'd be wanted

        by the Volturi! I thought that Edward would help you get out

        . . . I'm so sorry!

                      -Alice.

        I frowned at her text. Did she know? Fuck it. I texted her back slowly.

    March 20, 2006  ||  10:55

                   Subject: Yeah right

        There is nothing more that I want to do than smash someone's

        face into concrete until it's deformed. You better have a plan

        to save me when you come. Aro is sure to keep me here.

                      -V.

        I peeked up at Aro through my bush of a hair and saw him looking at me coolly. Was he angry? "I am perfectly fine with you doing whatever you do with that little device if that is what you are thinking." He hummed, rubbing his middle finger and thumb together. "We have the strength and power to overthrow and destroy anyone who tries to attack us." His eyes flashed dangerously.

        A small buzz alerted me and I peeked down.

    March 20, 2006  ||  2:01

                   Subject: Don't worry.

        I have a plan.

                      -A.