Sooner

I blinked, "you love me?"

He nodded, "yes Caroline, I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered, but it was barely audible. I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes, smiling. "Caroline?"

"Hmm..."

"Come here." He said patting the bed next to him.

"Hunter there is no way I'm going to fit there next to you."

"Get your skinny butt in this bed with me." I laughed at his serious tone.

"Alright, fine." I said, getting my skinny butt into his bed.

"Much better." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. "Uh... So we both told each other we loved each other... Does that mean we're together?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"You haven't asked me out yet."

Hunter faced me, "Caroline, will you be my girlfriend?"

I scratched my head, pretending to be thinking about it. "Hmm... I guess so." I kissed his cheek.

"You're going to keep doing that right?"

"Maybe."

"It might help me get better faster." He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"Sure it will, handsome. Oh so when the doctor brought me here, he asked me what I was to you."

"What did you say?"

"Uh... That I was... your girlfriend." A nurse walked in and eyed us curiously. Hunter looked at me, raised his eyebrows, and whispered, "you did?" I blushed.

The nurse interrupted, "Hunter you should be able to go home later today."

"That's good." I said. Hunter looked at me, "Yes. Yes it is." My eyebrows shot up and I laughed nervously.

         --A few hours later--

Hunter was out of the hospital. But since he had been in an accident, we didn't have a car.

We made it back to my apartment and I could tell Hunter was exhausted.

I opened the door and let Hunter inside, immediately he collapsed on the floor.

"Well I was gonna say you should lay down, but I guess I don't have to now." I said ruffling his hair, which was now a bit longer than his normal military cut. He made a noise that sounded like a laugh. Then he fell asleep on the floor. I smiled at him then covered him with a blanket. I ate something then laid down near him. At around midnight, Hunter screamed. I sat up quickly and turned to face him. "Hunter, what's wrong?!?" He was panting, sweating, and looked completely terrified. "Hunter. Talk to me."

"I understand now." Was all he said. After Hunter had calmed down, I asked him, "what do you understand?"

"You remember when I woke you up because you were screaming?"

"Yeah I had a nightmare about the accident." That's when it made sense. "Oh."

"Yeah... I'm sorry I woke you."

I placed a hand on his cheek, "don't worry about it." I grabbed his arm and put it around my waist. I heard him sigh, and he put his head into the crook of my neck. I wished we could stay like this forever.

****************************************

A/n: Anyone have a ship name for Caroline and Hunter?