2

Astrid's P.O.V

I fly down close to the rock, next to the one Hiccup was on. He was behind Toothless fixing something with his tail. Please tell me it didn't break again. He looked cold like he's been out here for hours. Toothless has one wing halfway around Hiccup trying to keep him warm. But to me, it looked like it didn't work.

Hiccup's auburn hair was frozen from being wet, and the brown fur on his Vest was coated in frost. Frost was forming on the sleeves of his green tunic, and it looked as if the spring in his metal leg was frozen. As I land, I jump off of Stormfly. "Hiccup!" I yell to him.

He doesn't hear me, he continues working on the tail. The wind is strong, and it's not like Hiccup to listen. "Hiccup!" He finally looks up from his work.

"Astrid?" he asks, looking around before looking back to me. "What... What are you doing out here?"

"Looking for you!" I yell over the wind.

"Why?" He asks as a gust of wind blows by use making him shiver.

Toothless growled protectively. " 'Cause you're dads looking for you!" I answer him.

He looks up at me. He as silent for a moment until he palmed his forehead as if he's remembered something. "My dad! Oh my God, I forgot to tell my dad I went out!" he says in a panic.

Another gust of wind blew by. I heard Hiccup grunt as he attempted to attach the connector rod to the saddle and frame. It bounced back up, smacking him in the eye. "Ow!" he hissed to himself then tried again.

I look at Toothless' tail. "So, how'd this happen?" I ask him.

Hiccup looks at me, before glancing at his work. "The wind took me by surprise, it ripped Toothless' tail right o-off," he started, shivering a little at the last word. "Toothless managed to land us on a rock rather than landing in the w-water," he shivered again. Toothless snarled at the wind. Too cute! Hiccup put his hand to Toothless' face. "Its alright bud, it's just the wind." He told the Night Fury calmly.

Toothless untensed as Hiccup tried the rod again. I sigh go over to him. "Lemme help," I say to him taking the connector rod. As I grab the rod I feel the coldness of his hands.

He's like ice. Hiccup moved the tail frame up and down slowly, like how the pedal would do. The tail frame slowly moves up and down, it gets stuck after a while. "It's frozen!" he snapped quietly.

He moves a little closer as I try to connect the rod. My hand touches his hand again. Seriously, he's freezing! Maybe his hands are just cold. I slowly feel his cheek. Nope. He's like frozen. He's so cold. Hiccup scooted away from me uncomfortably. "Sorry," I say to him.

"It's cool," he says but then gives me a hard look. We stay silent for a moment. Hiccup takes the connector rod from me slowly. The wind blows again making us both shiver, but he shivers more intensely. He then crawls over to his saddlebags taking out his satchel. "There's got to be something in there I can use as a tail," he mumbled to himself.

I watch him go through his bags slowly. I feel bad for him. He must be so cold. How long has he been out here? Actually, long has he been stranded here without warmth? He may freeze to death without proper warmth now. Hiccup's regular attire does consist of more fur than the usual Viking Getup, but even for someone with that much warmth in their clothes, Hiccup has a small frame, and will definitely freeze. 

But first, I need to find out how long he's been out here. "... Hiccup?" I ask him. He didn't answer me, but he acknowledges that I was talking to him. "How long have you been out?" I ask.

"Um, early this morning," he answers quietly.

"And how long have you been stranded here?" I ask him after.

He sighs. "Shortly after I left, the wind got stronger after this morning,"

"So you've been out here in the freezing cold, all day?" I ask.

He looks up, his forest green eyes lock on my face. "Yeah, so?"

"You'll freeze to death!"

"Astrid, I'll be fine," he says.

I give him the look. "Hiccup, no, I'm taking you home, let's go!" I say grabbing his cold hand.

Hiccup instantly pulled from my grip, glaring at me as if I offended him. "Woah, Woah. I'm not going anywhere," he steps back, balancing himself on the rock, though he struggled, as I noticed the spin in his metal leg was frozen.

"Why not?"

" 'Cause, I can't leave Toothless, and he can't fly home."

The boys got a point. "Okay, well what if I go get help, and bring you a new tail?" I ask him.

He looks at me as more wind blew by us. "... Okay, fine," he says.

I stand up slowly. "I'll be as quick as I can!" I say to him as I get on Stormfly and fly back to Berk.