14

Astrid's P.O.V.

Night came quickly. Since Hiccup came back, all we've been doing is... Well, training. He said we're not ready, and I believe him. I mean, Hiccup Fishlegs, Snotlout and I are ready. But Ruff nut and Tuffnut... Well, Hiccup says they have good qualities in their own way, and he's glad to have them on our team. In other words, Hiccup Haddock knows the twins aren't ready.

I walk through the Town Square with Stormfly. As I walked, I managed to see Hiccup in the Blacksmith's. Toothless was with him. "Hiccup?" I call to him, as I walk in.

He looked up. "Oh, Hi."

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Fixing Toothless' tail!" He said.

"Why?"

"When I went to find Cloudjumper, his tail was kinda destroyed." He told me, explaining it to me.

"I see..." I replied silently, letting him work. I scanned the Forge as he worked contently. He had his drawings for the tail fin out in front of him, but at this point, he really doesn't need a diagram. "So..." I start. "What's your plan?"

He sighed, putting together Toothless' tail again. His gaze focused on me before he answered. "I... Don't know."

"Well we'll need one soon!" I say.

"I know... But.." He started and trailed off. He was about to say something but then started Coughing.

"Hiccup, Take it easy!"

Hiccup shook his head. "I'm fine."

I hear someone walk into the Hut. Hiccup's mother. "What're you two doing?"

"Working on a plan." Hiccup told her. "Well... Sorta."

"How's that going?"

"Not well."

"Hiccup!" I look over to see Tuffnut standing there.

Hiccup turned to him with an eye roll, preparing himself mentally for the shenanigans the twins drag him into. "What?"

"We need you."

"For what?" Hiccup asked, his head tilted slightly. 

"The Dragon."

-----

We walked into the Academy with Tuffnut. The Injured Nadder was lying in the middle of the Academy. "How's she doing?" Hiccup asked walking to her.

"Not good," Fishlegs told him.

"Has she eaten anything?" Hiccup asked.

"Not since you got home." Snotlout answered.

Hiccup put his hand to her muzzle. The dragon looked up at him. She didn't look good. "She might not survive the night. Someone has to stay with her." He said. Everyone went silent for a moment. I looked at Hiccup. I saw the look in his eyes. Hiccup was about to say something.

"I will," I say before he even had the chance to say he'd stay with the Nadder. There is no way I'm letting Hiccup sleep outside for a dragon. Not in his weakening condition. We need Hiccup to recover, not get worse. 

They all looked at me. "Astrid, are you sure?" Hiccup asked me, giving me a calm glance. 

"I'm very sure!" I say.

At first, Hiccup didn't answer as he remained on the ground with the dragon. Then he finally spoke. "Okay.." He sighed. "If anything goes wrong, come get me." He said t me.

I nodded slowly. "I will."