3

Hiccup's P.O.V

"We'll be okay, Toothless," I say to him in a calm voice trying to stay calm myself. It's been a while since Astrid left. Okay, it's been longer than a while. It's been way more than a while. It was getting colder, and now that Astrid mentioned it, I could freeze to death. Toothless can only do so much until he gets cold himself.

I look out to the water as another gust of winds blew by. Toothless wrapped his tail and wing around me. I look at him with a small smile. "Thanks, Bud!" I say to him then curl up to him for the last bit of warmth he has left.

Astrid's P.O.V

I land in the village quietly. People are still doing what they were when I left. Now, I just have to find Stoick. I hop off of Stormfly running towards Hiccup's house. I keep running until I bump into someone. "Hey, watch I--" I start bit then stop to realize it was Snotlout. He was with the gang. Tuffnut, Ruffnut, and Fishlegs. "Oh, there you are, Astrid, we've been looking for you," Snotlout says to me.

I look over his shoulder. I'm so close to Hiccup's house. "Not now, Snotlout. I'm kinda busy," I say still looking at the house.

I see Stoick come out of the house with Gobber. This can't be good. "Actually, we're wondering if you've seen Hiccup?" Fishlegs asked.  I look at them. Hiccup! "I... Uh..."

" 'Cause Stoick is sending out a patrol now. Hiccup hasn't been seen all day." Ruffnut started.

"It is known for the wimp to disappear, but he's not known to be gone this long." Snotlout finishes.

"What if he fell off the edge of the earth?!" Tuffnut asked, and I had to stop for a moment.

Shaking my head, I turn back to the two in the group that'll actually help me. "Stoick's sending out a patrol?" I ask.

"Yes, keep up!" Snotlout said as if he knew everything. I shove past Snotlout running towards Stoick. "Hey!" Snotlout yelled then followed me with the gang.

I run up to Stoick out of breath. "I Found Him!" I say out of breath.

Stoick's eyes widened. "You found Hiccup!" I nod quickly, and Stoick turned to me. That's when I saw the panic in his eyes at the thought of his missing son being located. "Astrid, where is he?" Stoick asked.

"Um, on a rock in the water... I'm not really sure, it was foggy, I couldn't make out the location." I say.

"Is he okay?" Gobber asked.

"He's stranded! Toothless doesn't have a tail!" I say.

Stoick looks at us then to the Vikings that have now surrounded us. "You five, take you're dragons and look in the air," he says then starts to walk towards the docks. "Ready the ships!" I hear him yell then turn to the gang.

"So that's where Hiccup went..." Tuffnut finally says. "I guess he didn't fall off the earth!"

I give him a hard stare. "When did you find him?" Fishlegs asked.

"An hour ago. He was stranded trying to fix Toothless' tail. He said he's been out there all morning." I say. My mind goes back to him being stuck. I really, really hope he's okay.

_

With Stormfly and I taking the lead, I fly back out to the water. Snotlout was behind me on Hookfang. The twins were losing control on Barf & Belch. And Fishlegs was slowly hovering behind with Meatlug. "He's got to be here somewhere." I yell to the team.

Snotlout catches up to me. "Are you sure you saw him? Or are you just going crazy." He asked me.

I look out into the foggy sky. It's gotten more foggy since I left Hiccup. "I saw him. I know I did." I say then fly further. I look down remembering the rock was small and wide, but just barely sticking out of the water. I see the ship not too far behind. I see Stoick looking up slightly into the sky.

He's worried. I know he is. Stoick almost lost Hiccup to the Red Death. He may lose him to the cold now. I sigh then continue flying. The rock is here somewhere. I look down once more. My eyes widened. "There!" I yell diving down happily. The gang follows me.

I land on the rock to see Toothless curled up in a ball. Snotlout lands beside me along with Ruff, Tuff and Fishlegs. "Woah, what's wrong with Toothless?" Snotlout asked.

I elbow him in the gut. "He's cold jerk-face," I say slowly going towards Toothless. His eyes were closed and he didn't open them as I got closer. He didn't even move. He was still. Still as a rock. I start to panic. Was he dead?

Just then the ship stops by the rock. I look over to see Stoick climb out of the boat quickly. He comes over to the still dragon. "Is he alive?" Gobber asked as he hobbles over.

I put my hand to Toothless' nose. He's breathing! Thank goodness. "Yes, he is," I say reviled.

Stoick looked at the dragon. "Where's my son?" he asked.

I look at Toothless. Hiccup is nowhere to be seen. "... Hiccup?" I say his name.

Snotlout and the rest come up to me and Stoick. "He might be underneath Toothless," Tuffnut says.

I look at him. "What in Thor's name are you talking about?" I ask.

"Well, when Hiccup fell from 1,000 feet in the air, didn't a Toothless wrap his wings around him to protect him?"

I thought for a moment. Tuffnut's actually right for once. "Help me open his wings," I say pulling up Toothless' wings.  Stoick and Gobber helped. We pulled until his wings finally went loose. His legs were sprawled out on his other wing.

And sure enough, there was Hiccup, curled up to Toothless' chest. His eyes were closed too. He was not moving. He looked as if he weren't breathing. Stoick grabbed his son quickly. He put his hand to his chest carefully.

"He's still breathing!" he said quickly I sighed in relief. 

Gobber gently took the small boy. "He's ice-cold, Astrid how long has he been out here?" Gobber asked.

"Since this morning," I answer.

"We need to get him warm," Stoick said taking his son again wrapping him in a blanket that happens to be in the boat.

He gets up slowly. I look at Toothless. He moves slightly. I hear him purr a little.

"What about Toothless? We can't leave him?" I ask.

Gobber looked at the Night Fury "We'll get him in the boat, we need to get back to Berk," Stoick addresses. Several men from the boat climb outgoing towards Toothless.

Just as the men got close, Toothless' eyes shot open. He snarled realizing there were people around him. He whipped his head around looking for something. He's looking for his rider. I went to his side. "Toothless, relax," I reach my hand to his nose as Hiccup does.

He touches his nose to my hand. He continues to look for Hiccup. Once he caught his eye on him, he purred then went to Stoick and Hiccup. Toothless gently put his nose to Hiccup's cheek. "He'll be okay," I say to Toothless. I grab his reins to his harness then lead him to the boat. Stoick and Gobber got on shortly after I got off.

"You kids get home as soon as possible," Stoick said to us as I go to Stormfly.

"We will," Ruffnut said as the boat floated away.

I start to rise with Stormfly. "Let's go!" I say as thus follow. I get a head start flying ahead of the hang. Hiccup is safe. That's the good thing right now.