9

Astrid's P.O.V.

I watched the ship sail off into the fog. Hiccup's dad is gone, but he doesn't know it. I sigh then turn around spotting Hiccup and Toothless behind me. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"Nothing?" I say.

He gave me a look. He's still sick, but being Hiccup he doesn't listen. I'm surprised he has enough strength to stand. "Okay." was all he said. I watched his gaze searching for something.

"Hey, have you seen my dad?" he asked as he gazed around the docks. "I've been meaning to ask him something, but I can't seem to find him,"

I froze. His father is on the ship. "No." I lie.

He narrows his pale gaze. "Okay?" he said quietly. "Anyways, I'm going out. I've found some uncharted islands that I want to mark on my map! I'll be back later." He said.

Hearing him say he was leaving, sparked some responsibility in me. "Oh no, you're not. You're ill. you're going back to you're bed." I tell him pushing him towards his house.

He groaned madly. "Since when are you, my mother." He hissed.

"I'm not. I'm concerned." I tell him.

"About what?" he asked.

"Hiccup Haddock! Just do what I say," I tell him.

He stops at his door. "Okay. Fine. But you have to tell me what's going on after." He hides closing the door. I sigh then walking away. I'll be fine as long as that ship comes back soon.

3-days-later

I circle the island with Stormfly. Hiccup would be out, but Gobber forced him to stay home. The ship should be back any time now. Hiccup still doesn't know his father is out.

I land in the square to see Vikings crowding the port. That means the ship is back. I unmount Stormfly running to the gang. "Is that the ship?" I ask.

"Yeah," Fishlegs answered.

We watched the Vikings that left, with Stoick get off the ship. I look around. I don't see Stoick. I see Gobber by the port then run to him. "Gobber, where's Stoick?" I ask.

"He's gone." I hear a Viking from the ship said.

Fishlegs comes up to my side. "He's coming back though, right?"

The Viking shook his head. "He's dead. Rouge Dragon Attack."

I felt like crying. Our Chief is dead! Hiccup's father! Oh no! "When Hiccup finds out it's going to break his heart. Stoick's all he had left," Gobber explained.

I sigh, then realize it's true. "Hiccup doesn't need to know though, right?" Tuffnut asked.

"Of course he needs to know. It's his father." Gobber hissed. "He deserves to know more than any of us! The boy grew up with only his father..."

Hiccup's already in a bad condition. Finding out his father is gone will tear him apart. Being that his father was the only thing he had left. Unfortunately, Hiccup was now an orphan. "What's going on?" We all turned to see Hiccup standing there with Toothless. He stood there silent with a hand on the Night Fury beside him. Oh boy! He looked to the ship then to Gobber. "What's going on?" He repeated.

Gobber sighed, limping over to the ill russet haired boy. "Hiccup, three days ago, you're father left on a ship to find a cure." Gobber started.

Hiccup sighed, with narrowed eyes. "I'm now aware of that." He said then looked around. He scanned the ship before turning back to Gobber. "Where is he?" he asked.

Gobber slowly went to him. "I'm sorry, Hiccup, we were attacked by a Rouge Dragon." Gobber started. "He's dead."

I watched his expression change. I literally felt his heartbreak in my own chest. "What?"

"He's gone, Hiccup."

I saw the look in Hiccup's eyes. He backed up a little, nearly falling on Toothless. He shook his head, at first he was denying it, but then it hit him, and I watched the sorrow flicker in his pale green eyes. Sadly, the Sorrow in his eyes was all too familiar.  "I'm just going to..." he started. He turned away slowly walking away. "..You know...." He added but didn't finish.

"You okay Hiccup?" I ask.

"Yeah... I'm fine...." he sighed then disappeared. His reaction just literally broke my heart. Hiccup has nothing.