Chapter 24

Caitlin POV

"Caitlin!" I hear over and over hoping Katie's voice would go away. "Caitlin I know you can hear me."

I groan as I open my eyes. Why did I get stuck with her as a roommate? "Seriously, what could you possibly want from me right now?"

"I want you to respond the first time I call your name out." The girl has the nerve to say first. "I am going down to get some breakfast. Do you want to go with me?"

I grab my phone before answering to see the time. I don't want to reject her offer yet because I don't want to go by myself or go with McKenna who could be with Peyton.

"Any day Chancellor." Katie barks. "I am hungry and it's not open for that long."

She had the magic words. "Okay, okay. Let me use the bathroom at least and brush my hair and teeth."

Katie rolls her eyes, but I ignore her as I hurry to the bathroom. As I come out I don't bother changing. I only add a sweatshirt and put on my slides.

As we head out to the hallway, Katie nods her head down towards McKenna and Peyton's room. "Do you want to grab them?"

"No." I answer way too fast. "Did you?"

"Not really, you are the one who is attached to them." Katie says with annoyance. "I probably would like you more if you didn't hang out with them."

I know her problem with Peyton, but not with McKenna. "What's wrong with McKenna?"

The elevator doors open and we get on. "She is loud and embarrassing. She has to be the center of attention at all times and I can't stand that."

"That's not fully true." I defend my best friend. "But you can have whatever opinion you want."

"And I will, but obviously you don't want to be around them or both of them." Katie gets a smirk like she knows everything. "You seem so on edge all the time you know? Why do you choose to live so angry and mad at everyone?"

I look at her and narrow my brows. "You don't know what you are talking about!" I snap. "You don't know me. I don't live angry and I am not mad at everyone!"

"Point proven." Katie takes a step back. "Now you are pissed at me. Damn Chancellor." The doors open and Katie walks off, but I stay on. "Seriously, don't be so serious all the time. You need to come eat. We have a big game. Ignore me all you want, but at least come eat."

Katie steps in the elevator and grabs a hold of my arm to put me out. "I am coming." I yank my arm away from her. "You don't have to pull me like a child."

"Then stop acting like one." Katie laughs. "You were going to skip breakfast because you didn't like what I said. Come on now."

I don't speak to her, which probably fuels her remarks more. I was hoping as we went into the room with the food more of our teammates would be in there so I could have a reason to walk away from her, but I didn't recognize anyone in here.

I looked around grabbing a few things I wanted, which was cereal and a banana. The waffle maker area looked disgusting and the other stuff was already out.

Because it was close to breakfast being over, it was still quite crowded in here, but surprisingly I found a small table that was open that didn't look too nasty. I sit down hoping Katie doesn't see or by chance she gets food and goes back to our room. With how my first 24 hours went I should have known I wouldn't have been that lucky.

"God, people are pigs." Katie huffs as she sits down. "There isn't any bacon left."

"Maybe you should have come down without me." I told her.