Chapter Ten

The fluorescent lights above my cubicle were just as dull as the rest of that place. I hated having to write there for the paper. It was so dismal and unexciting. I could never understand how my coworkers got anything done. This was so much better. Being in the comfort of Mistress' home was the best place to work. No distractions, no boring office. Just the couch, the coffee table, and the fish tank posing as the left wall separating that and the dining room.

I sighed happily, looking down at my journal. Various scribbles of notes scattered the pages from past and current pieces I've been working on.

I wanted to go see her. Especially after our talks last night. It was confusing. I knew her- I knew how much distaste she had for romantic relationships. That was the last thing she would want with anyone- especially me. Maybe this was a trial? I didn't know, but what I did know was that I wanted to see her in that office of hers, looking over papers just as I was doing now. I know a few strands of straight sorrel hair would be untucked from her updo, just begging to be pushed behind her ear. Her dark-rimmed glasses would be perched on the end of her nose, and those hazel green eyes flickering over the words.

I smile to myself, remembering seeing her slip the red top over her lacy lingerie this morning. And those slacks- good lord. She truly was a goddess.

Lifting myself from the couch, I made my way to her bedroom and got changed into something more presentable- and something I knew she would enjoy. Mistress wasn't difficult to tease in the least. It was pleasing to see her eyes light up when I wore something sharp.

So beautiful.

I made sure to feed the angelfish in their tank before I left, keys in hand. My leg bounced in anticipation during the entire drive to the forensic lab. My excitement was dizzying- it's rare that I get to see Mistress in her element. She was so passionate about her work. She explained it to me that it was her passion to help people and this was the way she wanted to do it. Performing autopsies on those who've passed was her way of assisting loved ones to find closure.

That's what really attracted me to her. Kyra's nature is so caring and compassionate. I knew the day that I met her at a lifestyle event over two years ago. The way her kind eyes flickered about the room held my attention the entire night. Back then, she was a sub under a master who was very close to my previous mistress.

Mistress Dyna was my first mistress; a tall and slim woman with a stare that could kill. I was one of her entourage as she liked to have more than one submissive partners at a time. That night, I had been parading around with Mistress Dyna and three other subs when I first met Kyra. Her master was a tall, dark-skinned man who oozed domination. For the life of me I can't recall his name, but at the time I was more smitten with those beautiful hazel eyes that kept flickering at me. She was standing above me and the others, minus Dyna who was talking up a storm with the pretty girl's owner.

To the right of us, a demonstration was going on upon the stage. Kyra's cowered head was slightly turned but from my seat below, I looked where her eyes pointed. She was watching the couple on stage, a female mistress with her counterpart strapped to an Xavier's cross. I had looked back at Kyra, seeing her eyes fixated on the submissive taking multiple whipping from a nine tails.

At first, I assumed her eyes were on the beautiful dominant. But when her gaze fell back on me, I had a completely different feeling. She glared hard. Her piercing eyes caused me to look down almost immediately. Just as quickly, she was whisked away by her master.

I never forgot those eyes. I had found myself searching for her every time we returned to that venue in hopes that I would see her again. And, eventually, I did. After some time, around six months later, my previous mistress fell through with her promise of treating all of us equally and I was forced to leave. Leaving Mistress Dyna hit me very hard. I had started using any type of drug I could get my hands on. I found myself wandering to these events alone. I was lost. I felt as though I had no purpose anymore. This went on for another seven months. Until I saw Kyra again. That's when everything changed.