Part 13: Conflict

The man that ordered the same wine as you, is Alex and you just don't know why you always meet him in a public place. You seem already clear everything with him, well... not everything but still... it has been done.

A: Well.. 6 years is a long time enough for you to make some changed, isn't it?

Y/n: It is.

Alex sipped his wine and then look at you.

A: Are you alone?

Y/n: No, I'm with Tony.

A: Oh yeah, I forgot about the Avengers is being invited.

Y/n: How about you? Are you alone?

A: I'm with Diane.

When you hear her name, you can feel that you get goosebumps remembering the way she talks to you at your house and how she treated you.

Y/n: Where is she?

You ask where she is so you know you will not run to her. You will stay far from her.

A: Well... Let's see... I don't know. She is probably somewhere, she has a lot of acquaintance. Actually, she is the one that is being invited. The one who has the party is her former boss.

Y/n: Then.. she is busy talking to all people and you just tired, you end up in this bar?

A: Exactly. You got me.

Alex smiles at you and he sips his wine.

A: What about you? Is Tony is also like that?

Y/n: No, he actually introduces me to all of the people here. He just now enjoy his time with the Avengers, I just want to grab a drink.

A: I thought you just want to find a corner since you are uncomfortable being at the party... like Summer Party when we were in college. The...

Y/n: I know that. You don't need to continue.

You stop him cause you don't want to reminisce about your past with him. The Summer party at the college is the first time you met him. You don't want to remember all of that. Alex is just smiling at you.

A: I'm happy we are back to a friend. I think this is the best.

Y/n: Well.. let's hope that.

You can't say that is the best, because he is more of a friend, he is the father of your son. The best would be the three of you together, making a family.

The wine for you has finally arrived. You are ready to take a sip when suddenly Diane is appeared, canceled you to drink the wine.

D: Alex, honey...

A: Hey, Diane... Look who I meet here.

Alex looks at you and Diane follows his look. Diane smirk at you and she is still hideous.

D: Oh well... she is... (y/n) right? You are Alex's friend. Nice to meet you.

Diane is pretending that she just ever one time meet you and that is when you are in the aquarium. Of course, Alex doesn't know about her meeting with you at your house.

Y/n: I am.

A: She saved me from boredom. We have a good conversation.

Alex is smile at you and Diane gave you a smirk again, that make you remember about the day she visited you.

D: Well... I'm sorry, but I should cut off the good conversation. I want you to meet someone.

A: I'm too tired Diane, I will just stay in here and continue my good conversation with (y/n) if she is okay.