Part 20: Meeting

It is already time for you to pick up Peter. You already called Alex and he said he will pick you up. In no time he arrived in his car and you get in his car. Alex smile at you and you smiled him back. There is a long silence and both of you are actually quite awkward. You have never been together since 6 years ago without any argument except this morning. Alex tries to break the awkwardness by asking you a question.

A: So... how is he as a kid?

Y/n: Well... he is a good kid. He is shy but not hesitant to help strangers. He is loved by everyone. He loves to keep things by himself, he talks less and does more.

A: He seems just like you.

Y/n: For his behavior might be, but for his looks, he really looks like you.

A: Really?

Y/n: Yeah.

You can see that Alex is smiling, he must be very happy to meet him.

A: What is his favorite food... beverages... sport... color?

Y/n: You can ask that one by one, Alex. You don't need to rush and you may want to ask that by yourself to him.

A: I know I can, I just want to know him first from you. To make it less awkward, I guess.

You look at Alex and you can see his nervous come again.

A: I'm afraid he will not like me. He will not see me as his father.

Y/n: Just relax. He will like you and he will very happy to see his father. I promise.

Alex sighed to let his nervous out. He used to do that too. You can't believe that this is the time that Alex will meet Peter. It will be like dream come true for Peter. Then you remembered Diane and Max, the person who now is in Alex's life.

Y/n: Have you talked about Peter to Diane?

You can see Alex is quite surprised to hear you ask that question.

Y/n: You have talked to her, right?

A: I... yeah... I had. I talked to her and she is okay with it. She even wants to meet him too.

Y/n: Well... that is a relief, after what she said to me.

A: I think, she doesn't mean it and this may the way she said sorry. You are okay with it, right?

Y/n: As long as Peter is safe, I'm okay.

You give him a smile and not long after you arrived at Peter school. Peter hasn't out the school yet, but you and Alex already standby in the gated school. That is when Alex realize something on your finger.

A: Is that new?

He points the ring that Tony gave to you.

Y/n: Yeah... it is new. It is...

A: I know what that is. Congratulations, this one must be real.

He just smiles at you and you just smile back at him. You are then quite for a while and feel that the awkwardness is back. You don't know why it becomes awkward anymore. The school bell rang and you can see Alex is getting nervous.

Y/n: Relax. You will be fine, Alex.

A: I relax... just a little bit sweaty.

Your eyes are on the school gate when you see Tony is walking toward you at full speed. He must already saw Alex.