Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I don’t know if a lot of the shows I mention in this book that Shae watches exist in the UK. And the movies. But they do in America!

And I’m kind of like tired writing this! My great uncle is getting moved to a different, better hospital at the moment. Cha, so I have to go with my mother to Springfield. Did I mention I hate hospitals? I’m going to try to convince her to let me get food while we are in Springfield!

7/25/2012 @ 5:02 PM

                “Liam! Where is Shae’s birth certificate?” I shout, looking around the bedroom. Shae sits on my bed, watching Good Luck Charlie.

                “It’s in the safe!” I hear Liam yell back. Oh, duh Ashton. I crawl under Shae’s swinging feet and haul out the huge safe that held a lot of stuff. My diploma, my birth certificate, Shae’s birth certificate and the hidden adoption papers. The adoption papers that said Liam is Shae’s legal guardian.

                “Mummy, when are you going to have another baby like Charlie’s mummy?” The dreaded question appears again. I groan, getting up and grabbing the key to the safe from the dresser drawer.

                “Never. You are enough.” I tell her. It’s the same answer every time. Shae’s almost three and knows a lot of stuff way too good. Nurses say I am lucky to have that smart of a child. I dread it every day; it means she will put two and two together about Louis being her father quicker.

                “I want a sibling.” She whispers and I sigh. Liam and I had talked about it a couple of times but it wasn’t going to happen. I didn’t want another kid. I just wanted Shae. And Liam and I aren’t even married or engaged; why should we be thinking about kids?

                “Ah ha!” I shout in victory and the safe bounces open. I shuffle through the stacks of paper and free Shae’s birth certificate from the depths of the safe. I hate reading it but I always do.

Mother: Ashton Knight

Father: Louis Tomlinson

                “Find it?” Liam asks as I bounce up, locking the safe. I nod and he grabs the paper. I push the safe under the bed and Shae’s back to watching TV; far away from the sibling talk.

                “She brought it up again.” I tell Liam as we make our way downstairs. Shae’s starting preschool tomorrow morning and we had to have her birth certificate. On the table was everything I needed. The pink folder held her shot records and her family tree. The instructor asked for her family tree for a project. I don’t see why they need it but okay.

                “She needs to stop watching Good Luck Charlie. That’s what is making her think about it.” Liam sighs, shoving the paper into the folder. I cuss under my breath and run back upstairs, towing the safe out. I grab the adoption paper and lock the safe again. I run back downstairs and hand it to Liam. He quickly puts it into the folder and hands the folder to me.

                “They multiply like rabbits.” Harry says, walking into the kitchen. Both Liam and I give him a weird look, wondering what the fuck he is talking about.

                “Good Luck Charlie.” He laughs, rolling his eyes.

                “Tell us that before you mention rabbits.” I give him a serious look, poking him in the stomach.

                “Your fear of rabbits is unhealthy.” Liam adds and I give him a dirty look.

                “And your phobia of spoons isn’t.” I argue.