Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

If you want to see the outfits Ashton & Shae wear in this book go to Polyvore and look up mem4life, I have all the outfits that they wear in here on there(:

                “I’m hungry.” Niall groans as I make my way downstairs.

                “Surprise, surprise.” I laugh, rolling my eyes.

                “Where’s Liam now?” Zayn asks, taking a drink of whatever he has.

                “Went to get food for tonight.” I tell them, running a hand through my hair. In less than a week it will be Thanksgiving. The boys decided it would be cool to have a Thanksgiving together before going off to their own families. Shae and I had to go to three Thanksgiving’s beside the one that One Direction was having. Louis’ mum invited us to go to Thanksgiving with them. Then my family and Liam’s family. Ya, Shae was going to get fat.

                It wasn’t really a ‘Thanksgiving’ but we had been doing it since Shae was born. It was the day that One Direction was formed. So, we had just been calling it Thanksgiving since Shae was born. It’s pretty dumb but aye, the boys get more food. My parents didn’t have anything to do with it; they just wanted to see Shae. Pretty complicated, aye?

                “Honey! I’m home!” Someone yells and I laugh. Harry smirks, running a hand through his curls.

                “LI! DID YOU GET PICKLES?!” I shout at Liam as he comes into the kitchen. He nods, putting one of the bags on the counter. I throw several bags of chips in the process to find my lovely pickles. I can’t open the jar so when Louis comes in, I shove it into his face. He rolls his eyes, opening the jar and handing it back to me. I’ve always had a weird fascination with pickles.

                “Is that a pregnancy thing?” Zayn asks, giving me a look. Liam sits down on the kitchen chair and pulls me onto his lap, kissing my neck.

                “No.” I snap, sticking my tongue out at him. “It’s an Ashton thing.” I take a huge bite of my pickle and the boys give me a weird look. Liam wraps both arms around my waist and Louis looked away while Harry wiggled his eyebrows.

                “Do you guys want to watch TV?” Louis asks, eyeing the five of us. We all nod and I run into the living room, jumping on the couch. With a thud, Harry lands on top of me.

                “Not in front of Liam, Haz! I thought we were keeping this a secret!” I squeal making Harry laugh and my body shakes in the process. Another thud and some more weight are put on me.

                “DOG PILE!” Louis shouts and soon, tons of weight is on me. I look towards the center of the room to be almost hit with a barefoot. Someone grunted and then a stench fills the room.

                “NIALL HORAN!” Four people chorus, screaming loudly. I hear the Irish boys laugh and I groan, shaking my head. Soon, all the weight is lifted off of me and I look at the five boys, shaking my head. We all settle on the couch. Liam, Harry, Louis and I are on one couch together while Niall and Zayn are on the other couch. The boys turn on a scary movie and I cuddle against Liam with my feet on Harry. Louis keeps slapping Harry’s head when Harry looks down at his lap at a scary part.

                “OMG. THAT GUYS HEAD JUST FELL OFF. OMG.” I scream, burying my head in my hands. Liam pulls me onto his lap carelessly and I rest my head against his chest, eyeing Harry who is wide eyed. When I start shivering, Zayn tosses Liam and I a blanket that I had since before Shae was born. It had the Olympic rings on it and it was really cool. My grandma made it for me.

                “I’m hungry.” Niall groans and hurries into the kitchen to get something to eat. I wrap the blanket tighter around me and Liam’s hand rests on my upper thigh. When his hand gets higher up my thigh, he squeezes. I jump, falling off the couch.

                “You squeezed my thigh!” I screech, sticking a finger out at the boy. Harry and Zayn are both laughing so hard now that tears are rolling down their face. Niall comes into the room, raises and eyebrow and sits down on the couch. He’s got ice cream. Ya, he’s odd.

                “Liam was trying to make a move.” Harry whistled and Liam shoots him a look.

                “Failure.” I snap, crawling onto Harry’s lap and sticking my tongue out at my boyfriend. He kisses my cheek and puts a hand on my leg. I roll my eyes and go back into his lap, feeling like a little kid. “I’ll get you back.”

                *

                “When do you need to pick Shae up?” Louis asks, speaking for the first time in the last couple hours. We were on our second scary movie and this one was worse than the last.

                “Soon.” I laugh, checking my phone. “I’ll head out now.”

                “Will you get some chocolate while you’re out?” Liam tilts his head at me as I get up, running a hand through my own hair. I nod and lean forward, whispering in his ear and trying to keep a straight face.

                “Chocolate turns me on.” I keep a straight face, looking him in the eyes. His eyes are wide, staring at me like I just grew an extra head. “I’m joking.”

                “Rude.” Liam pouts, crossing his arms across his chest.

                “Can I come with you to pick up Shae?” Louis looks at me and I nod, kissing Liam’s cheek before running upstairs. I quickly changed and ran back downstairs.

                *

                “What did you do to my kid?” I laughed out as we walked into the preschool. Shae’s got an Angry Bird shirt on and some capris. Then an owl necklace and an ‘Obey’ hat. She’s got a 1D bracelet and some other bracelets. Then there are the SpongeBob converses.

                “Why do you think it’s me?” He raises an eyebrow and I put my hands on my hips, looking at him. “Fine. It was me. She’s got swag!” He protests and I roll my eyes.

                “Did you just say swag?” I cough out and he looks down at the ground. Shae spots us, running over to us and hugging my legs.

                “Is Thanksgiving ready?” She asks, hopping up and down. I look at Louis who shrugs and I mentally groan. We were kind of slacking off this year. Ooppss.

To: Liam

Shae’s getting hungry… x

From: Liam

So is Niall x

To: Liam

Surprise, surprise x

                “Let’s go.” Louis smiles at me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and holding Shae’s hand. Right then, it feels like we are finally a family. But reality hits me, we’ll never be more then friends. It won’t ever work out again. Not with the secrets between us, not with the past either.

                “Ashton. I-,”

                Louiston or Liash?

10 Comments & 10 Votes (:

FYI; I'm going to be only updating Tuesday. Katrina will be updating Thursday and Saturday! I'm going to be on vacation and then getting my hair done Saturday and going back to see my friend. She's going to be at the state fair from Tuesday to Monday so I am going to be with her from Wednesday to Friday, then coming home and going right back Saturday xD Blow up the comments, I'll make sure to respond when I get home! Then school time.

Sigh.