Chapter Four

Chapter Four

“Mummy! Get up!” Shae bounces on my bed, waking me up. Liam groans from beside me, stretching out.

“Go back to sleep Shae.” Liam mumbles, putting a pillow over his head.

“It’s six!” She squeals, bouncing up and down. Sometimes, I wonder what she actually got from me. She got her hyper attitude from Louis. She also got her looks from Lou.

“Shit.” I mutter, pulling Shae off the bed. I jump up and bring her into the bathroom, getting her bath ready. “Li! Will you please come here? I need to double check her bag.”

“Okay.” Liam sighs, making his way into the bathroom. He’s only got a pair of pajama pants on. Holy fuck. That’s the one thing with Liam, he never stops surprising me. Ya, that doesn’t sound sexual or anything. I go downstairs into the kitchen, yawning the whole way.

“Nialler.” I whine, looking the Irish boy in the eyes.

“Huh?” He asks through a mouthful of food.

“Please go get Shae’s bag from my car.” I plead, giving him a puppy dog look.

“Ok.” He mumbles and I hug him before he leaves. I grab Shae a juice and myself a coffee while I wait for Niall. He makes his way inside slowly, handing me the bag.

“Thank you!” I kiss his cheek before going back upstairs. Shae, still soaking wet, attacks me and grabs her juice. She’s close to three and is still way too mature for her age it seems. She started talking before a lot of kids and started walking before a lot of kids too.

“You’re going to be alone on your first day with not having Shae, babe.” Liam sighs and I sit on the bed. Shae crawls up next to me and sips on her juice, twirling her hair at the same time.

“What are you guys doing?” I take a drink of coffee, watching as Liam looks at his phone, probably going through tweets. The world knows about Shae, but they think she is just mine. Not Liam’s, not Louis’.

“Recording.” He mumbles as my phone beeps.

Real_Liam_Payne: 1st day of Shae being at preschool & @AshyAsh is home alone x

AshyAsh: U leave me alone @Real_Liam_Payne! Ur mean x

Real_Liam_Payne: I love u! (; x

AshyAsh: No 1 said I love u x

                After getting Shae ready, we decided to watch some TV with Liam. So, we turned on Friends. Ya, that show never stops playing at our house. Soon enough, all of One Direction, Shae and me were gathered in the living room watching Ross be an idiot at lunch time.

                “I’m Ronda! And these aren’t real!” The black lady yells, pointing at her breasts. Harry laughs loudly, making Shae shake in his lap.

                “Alright, time to go.” I pat my daughter’s leg. She jumps off Harry’s lap and runs to get her bag. She hands it to me and I thank her, getting up. Liam runs a hand through his hair and gets up, taking Shae out to the car. I go into the hall and put my shoes on. Louis follows and at the same time, the bag slips out of my hand and falls onto the floor. Its contents go everywhere and Louis and I scramble to get the papers.

                “It’s fine. I can do it.” I snap. But, it’s too late. Louis grabs the birth certificate and the adoption papers. He starts reading them and looks up at me with wide eyes.

                “Whoa.”

                “It’s not what you think.”