Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

                “Louis.”

                “Ashton.”

                “Don’t.” I groan, moving his hand away from the call button.

                “Why not?” He asks, tilting his head. “You don’t want it, do you?”

                “No.” I lie, cussing myself out inside of my head.

                “Then let me call the number so we can see when we can go in!” He snaps and the sixteen year old body of mine jumps back, extremely frightened and extremely confused.

                “What are you doing?” Liam asks as I slide off the bed. He’s still half asleep and has that adorable morning voice.

                “I’m going to go get a drink.” I lie, kissing his cheek. Shae’s curled into a ball on her own bed. I slide my feet into the slides I had bought a couple months ago and jog downstairs, wrapping a robe around me in the process. I was wearing short shorts and a spaghetti strap tank top before. I don’t think that would be appropriate.

                I check the stove clock while passing. It’s three in the morning. Ya, I doubt he’s awake. But, when I reach his room, the TV is on. So, I open the door quietly and slide in. He looks up and gives me an evil eye before turning back to the TV.

                “Hey Nialler.” I sigh, climbing into bed next to him. He stuffs the remaining cookie in his mouth and then smiles. I guess he was mad that I caught him eating in the middle of the night.

                “Whatcha doing?” He asks through a mouthful of food.

                “Coming down here. I had a nightmare.” I admit and he wraps an arm around me.

                “I’m sorry.” He whispers in my ear after swallowing the last of the cookie.

                “Do you think Louis is going to hate me forever?” I ask, tilting my head so I can look at him.

                “No, Louis isn’t like that.” Niall assures me.

                “You think he’s awake?” I raise an eyebrow and Niall shrugs. I kiss his cheek and jump off the bed, hurrying out of the room. I go to the next bedroom and knock, pushing the door open. He’s curled up in a ball with the blankets on the floor. He’s only wearing boxers. I close the door quietly and make my way over to him.

                “Ashton.” He mutters and I jump.

                “Ya?” I ask as he turns around and sit up, patting the spot beside him on the bed.

                “I’m sorry.” He drawls out slowly.

                “Don’t be. I was the one that took you away from your own daughter.”

                “I know why you did it. The real reason.”

                “I know.”

                “Does anyone know?”

                “Nope.” I tell him, popping the ‘p’.

                “Why not?”

                “I didn’t think you would want people to know.”

                “You thought right.” He laughs, poking my nose.

                “Should we tell though?”

                “No one knows. No one will ever find out.”

                “What if I go missing? Then someone goes through my records. They’ll find out than.”

                “Ashton.”

                “What if they are going through hospital records and find out?”

                “Ashton. You didn’t go to the hospital.”

                “What if someone is going to clinics and they find out?”

                “Ashton.”

                “I didn’t want you to know about Shae because I didn’t think you would want her.”

                “Ashton. I know.”

                “Do you want her now?”

                “We’ve both grown up. Ya, I do want her.”

                “Okay. I’m going to go to bed.” I hug him and leave the room. The secret is something that both of us have hid from since we were sixteen. I’ve had nightmares about it multiple times. Especially after Shae was born.

*

*

                “Ashton. I took Shae to preschool already.” Liam shakes me awake.

                “Oh, thanks.” I mutter.

                “I love you.”

                “I love me too.”

                “Ash!”

                “I’m joking. I love you too Liam.”

I'm so, so, so, so, sorry that it's so short. I was going to do Ch. 7 & Ch. 8 together but changed my mind because it would be too long. I'm so, so sorry.

I'm all 'Ugh, I hate stories' again.

Last but not least. I will be at a Hot Chelle Rae/Demi Lovato concert this Saturday. Therefore, Katrina (JustWalkIn_1D) is updating Saturday's chapter which will be chapter nine! If it gets uploaded early, that's why. She's on a different time zone then me (she lives in England). My first ever concert! Woot. Bad thing is loud noises bother me... Ugh.

10 Votes & 10 Comments.

Louiston or Liash?(;