"Damien"

The next morning while eating her breakfast, she continued to recollect about last night aloof. Sitting on a stool chewing her scrambled eggs and bacon the pleasant scent took her mind from the corrupt thoughts consuming her. She noticed herself mangling her meal wasted in her emotions; Her eyes cast around the space of the kitchen. Still bothered when a warm palm brushed her shoulder startled she twitched only to realize it was her grandpa  she recoiled.

" Woah, calm down sweetheart I'm not Freddy Kruger," He giggled peeping at Sephrina in hopes of making her laugh as well, but it hadn't worked.

He knew something was wrong but he was unaware of what happened last night, she knew he would go psychotic if she gave him the slightest hint.

"Sorry grandpa" she stammered head dropping in embarrassment.

"It's ok honey," he sighed.

Still in a superstition of what she was thinking dark circles hung heavily under her eyes, nearly making her appear ghastly. As she jabbed her half-eaten breakfast, he couldn't stand there and not ask what was going on. He gently patted her head taking her plate and fork but, her tiny hands were still cradling her face.

"If you don't mind me asking Is everything ok?." he uttered Sephrina still ignored him seconds passed.

"Sephrina?" he snapped  eyebrows furrowed hands on his hips.

Her eyes shot up she was so caught up in her ocean of thoughts. She wanted to escape the conversation

"Sorry grandpa I don't really wanna talk about it," her cheeks reddened grandpa noticed this and exhaled.

"Fine," placing his hand on his forehead wiping sweat and small strands of hair away.

"I'm just, I want communication you're all I have honey," he said

"I'm ok grandpa I just couldn't sleep" her eyes moving away unable to escape the thoughts.

"OK, it's fine if you don't want to talk about I understand," he said.

"I'm going to get ready" Sephrina spoke removing her self from the space and heading upstairs.

As she drifted off in the shower, small sprinkles of water were refreshing and calming her nerves she applied a coconut and lime fragrance body wash.

Getting out the cool air came in contact with her skin goosebumps began to appear she wrapped a towel around her naked body started for her dresser pulling out a white blouse to match perfectly with her black jeans.

She slipped her hands through her hair making a messy bun small curls dangled freely. She explored in her closet clicking on a light bulb filled with boxes shoes and dresses she still hadn't touched. She grabbed some chucks and pulled back closing the door.

When she had everything packed and ready she started for the door heading downstairs. Her eyes curiously started darting around looking for her grandpa, he was nowhere to be seen. He was probably at work or was getting dressed, still feeling unsure she locked the door behind her on her way out stepping on the rough gravel kicking up debris.

The sky was a bit bleak the sun hid behind the soft sheets of smog, creating a wistful atmosphere. Small tepid gusts of wind hugged her body giving her comfort and warm feelings. As she dozed off in her own World of imagination, a car out the corner of her eye started to approach her.

The bus stop was only ten blocks down, behind her was a black Porsche just like one she saw last night. But just like millions of other cars, she didn't really want to make any assumptions about it being the stranger.

Or Possibly Damien from last night, Afraid she would be corrected or scowled at. A small voice in the back of her mind told her walk, the car glistened even in the deprived sunlight. The engine was screaming, in her earshot and bothered she finally whipped around flinging her arms up as if she were trying to make them go away.

The car slowed and stopped inches away from the motor suddenly died but she continued to walk. It was only when a familiar voice called out deep, raspy and seductive, she turned around alarmed. Her he skin crawled and she wanted to hide, her Nightmare had come true.

*why? * she began to dwell.

"Hey princess" there he stood those white pearls grinning at her dimples forming in every corner of his cheeky smile.

His eyes were suspicious but tempting it was as if he wanted a reaction out of her, Sephrina had only two options keep walking and ignore him. Or have a response she contemplated for a minute, then tried her best to look confident knowing it would have no effect and spoke.

"W-why are you following me?" she felt her body twitch as she spoke, cheeks flushed surprised that she had stuttered. He leaned on the car causing it to wobble.

"Because I can, and I'm choosing to beautiful" he grumbled his eyes tightening and flickering towards hers.

His muscles flexed as he crossed his arms under a white polo T-shirt snug to his sculpted body his foot tapped softly. His shoes and the flow of his outfit gave him an aesthetic appearance his sun-kissed locks of hair still long and a mix between curly wavy dropping over his eye.

He bit his lip as he spoke and gently ran his fingers through his hair his skin was like peaches-and-cream, his sharp jawline sent Sephrina on edge. She gave him a hostile glare she hated her self for looking at him the way she did.

" So you gonna get your ass in the car or not?" his voice was like cold water, he started opening the passenger door his thumb arched and pointed towards the seat as if he were demanding.

"Excuse me Asshole?" she retorted cocking her head to the side.

"What?" he added as if he'd done nothing wrong.

"You were following me last night, and you're choosing to stalk me now?" her brows furrowed in confusion.

Sephrina was a little more frustrated, confused at where he was trying to go with all this.

"Please, get your ass in the car?"his voice much higher and pleading.

Sephrina shrugged and shook her head.

"Fine as you wish," he started to close the door walking to the driver's side.

" I just hope you know you're going to be late," he said slowly grabbing the hood of the car and getting in.

"It's what 8:25? the school doesn't start till 8: 40 yeah, you'll be late with those tiny ass limbs," He spoke still small amounts of pleading in his voice.

"Oh my god fine!." Sephrina said erupted rolling her eyes and removed a strand of hair from of her face.

She was hypnotized by the mellow tone of his voice the way his eyes followed her as she entered the car. The soft oak and spicy aroma suffocated her filling her lungs as she took a deep breath.

She adjusting the leather squeaked beneath her Damien's eyes sailed towards her's as he swiftly started the engine. As the car came to life in paced, strides forward all that was surrounding her was a blur she was centered on Damien. Why someone so perfect and vexatious wanted to help her even get to school. The sound of a low bass soft beat and drum began to play clouding her vision like a movie screen.