The Encounter

Sephrina proceeded stressed throughout the day. Her thoughts had slowed her down realizing she was late the loud shrill of the bell screamed into her ears as she opened the door. Instantly feeling embarrassed the teacher's eyes flew over and the noisy class got quiet.

"Excuse me, Sweetie but do you have a pass?" she squeaked she was halfway in the door when it slammed violently behind her.

"oh uh...no," she said feeling silly.

"Honey I'll let you slip by," her eyebrows raised.

"Please try to make it to class on time" she added.

"Yes ma'am," Sephrina started pacing forward, everyone went back to there sidebar conversations.

Stiffly walking to the back of the class she located Damien her heart skipped a beat. She approached her seat and sat down getting settled when behind Damien adjusts and breathed heavily in his seat.

There was a topic having something to do with the earth and demographics she began jotting notes down. When a cold finger gently touched her exposed shoulder causing her to shiver she knew it was him but acted as if she hadn't felt it.

"Hey, can I get that pencil of yours?" his voice lowered.

She rolled her eyes and turned to face him, it was unreadable yet sheepish

"No," she whispered glanced back afraid to attract the teacher's attention.

Damien frowned biting his lip, and made an attempt to grab her pencil.

"Get your own." Sephrina yanked the tool out of his reach, Damien glared at her.

"You should have came prepared," she stated.

"Does it look like i care? im just requesting a pencil" he responded by shrugging his shoulder's.

There was a small pause between them, Sephrina stared at him in disbelief.

"Look, give me your damn pencil so I can finish this worthless ass assignment," his voice less patient and sharper his right hand opened and closed.

"Why do you have to be such an asshole?" her eyes darted angrily around his face.

"And why are you such a stubborn ass little girl?" His words were flat and bitter.

"B- because I refuse to give a pitiful person like you any of my things" trying to sound unmoved She stuttered although every second he spoke and looked at her was intimidating.

"And I'm not a little girl" her voice trailed off.

"Yeah, ok baby" his eyes tore away as he leaned back arms crossed and eyes flickered up glancing at the ceiling.

"I don't know who you think you are but don't call me that" she snapped one last time before turning around.

" uh huh," his voice faded.

She couldn't believe her feelings grew for this guy he was a total jerk. She wanted to say more to him and smack the shit out of him. Hopefully to erase his ignorance rage boiled inside of her maybe this was what he wanted her to feel he was so charming yet provocative and she despised that.

The class had gotten to a point where it ended pretty quickly when the bell rung it seemed like freedom for everyone. Sephrina got up as well packing her things, her thoughts were scattered as she put a schedule together of how she'd make it to the upcoming event and trying to ignore the fact that Damien was following her.

"Hey!" his voice echoed through the slowly clearing halls.

Her head quickly turned seeing him jogging towards her squeezing his way through a crowd of students exiting the opposite way, he approached her.