The kiss (Pt.1)

Sephrina arose the next day lounged on the couch of her vast living room, remote in hand flicking through countless channels. A blanket warmed and isolated her body from the piercing air nipping at her toes. The soft taps of rain could be heard from a window, she couldn't help but think about last night Jamie's absence as well as Damien's. These thoughts made her abdomen feel squeamish her coma was broken when the shuffling of feet entered.

Her grandpa slowly approached her, his body plopped on the couch. The scent of strongly brewed coffee circulated the air, her eyes jotted over as he sunk into the couch of pillows his eyes were heavily lidded with fatigue. Greeting her both hands gripped two antique cups small swirls of smoke began to leap.

"Hey," she uttered slightly adjusting to give him space.

"Morning sweetie, I made us coffee" he inhaled deeply before handing her the beverage.

"Thanks," she responded her fingers skimmed around the heated cup, her lips sipped slowly a familiar taste triggered memories she smiled.

"Sea salt and caramel?" she asked her eyes held his gaze, as he graciously smirked.

"Yep," he replied winking before taking a swig of the coffee, instantly he grimaced and his eyes squeezed tightly.

"Jeez, grandpa what kinda of a face is that?" she started to giggle his eyes flew up from the cup joining her stare.

"Oh.... ok so you've got jokes now?" his nostrils flared as he tried to smother his laughter.

"Nah" she responded still amused just then he flung himself over, his calloused hands grabbed her feet and started to tickle her exposed toe's throwing the blanket. She thrashed around trying to be free of his grip, as she attempted to choke back saliva her face turned pink and her eyes started to water.

"Grandpa...no!" she hysterically laughed as her legs wiggled.

"Okay, okay I'm done," he said smiling almost out of breath, as her face melted to its original color. But in the middle of there fun, there was a soft knock at the front door her grandpa started to head over when she insisted she'd get it.

Making her way over to the handle was a struggle, both her stomach and cheeks were in pain from laughing and smiling so hard. However, it was when she opened the door that everything had turned to dust when their eyes united.

Standing jaw clenched and arms crossed was Damien her mind turned to mush. She saw the towering figure he wore a Navy blue jean jacket, black pants and some laced boots that perfectly sculpted his frame. Small drops of rain hit the floor behind him with a thud, of the hooded porch, his hair was barely soaked as small individual strands dangled.

" Wh- Damien?! What are you doing here?" her lips quivering and eyes wide.

"That's not a way to greet a guest," he spoke in a modulated tone before giving a swift flick of his hair.

"Damien please you can't be here... like at all" the screen door was barely opened, being a boundary between the two her face peaked through.

"That's fine I'll just wait here" he replied gently his body hovered closer making her feel like an ant. His blue eyes darted curiously around inside the of the house, as she tried to catch his attention.

"What? n-no... and how did you even... never mind," she whispered before glancing back to make sure her grandpa wasn't hearing them talk.

"I'll be back just wait here" she bobbed her head and without giving it a second thought she slowly closed the door.

She turned back heading towards the living room, not caring that she had left him in the rain. Her grandpa was now flipping through a magazine when his eyes followed her.