Chapter Six

Winter was finally coming to an end. The snow was melting and it was getting a tad bit warmer and it was all a bit greener. Besides the scenery, things had been really  intense at work. Cases upon cases had been piling up but the two partners were finally caught up-for the moment, until they get called in. Lately their cases had the same type of crime and it was becoming increasingly more upsetting as weeks pass.

They both decided not to think about it as they walked down the sidewalk of the park.

Connor held on to Hank's hand as they walked, leaning in close into him, laughing at his jokes. He loved him so much that there was no way he could get tired of it all, even after the years they've been together. Connor even ignored everyone's suspicious stares, usually from other androids.

Some viewed their relationship as a step back. As if Connor was still being a slave to human kind, to Hank. And as if the lieutenant was giving up on humans.

Well, the two men thought of it as a step forward. Their love was real and true, so they believed that their relationship could be a way to be equal with one another.

It was funny to them that at one point Hank thought that kind of relationship to be pointless and detrimental to the human race. That was before he finally realized they could feel real emotions. Before he fell completely In love with his partner. At that point Hank had no doubt in his mind that Connor loved him just as much as he did.

A sweet laugh caught Connor's attention, turning his head to see a young girl playing with who he assumed was her father. He watched as the man lifted her up into the air, her giggling warming the android's blue heart. Her black pig tails flew in the wind as she pretended to fly.

"Connor, you there?" Hank's voice made his head snap back up to look at his boyfriend's blue eyes. Hank turned and looked to the direction that the brunette was just looking in.

A ghost of a smile appeared against the older man's lips as he looked down at the ground. He tightened his grip around Connor as they walked away, the girl's laugh still ringing in their ears.

Connor immediately felt guilty. He knew it wasn't his fault for looking or maybe even wanting something like that, but he knew that it was still hard for Hank. So they didn't talk about it, they ignored that. Connor ignored the growing want to be a father for Hank's sake.

They both wondered how long that would last.

~*~

It lasted for about a week after that, not that they were counting. Connor decided it was best to be honest with his boyfriend and tell him how he felt. That was what you were supposed to do, he told himself. Communication is key, he repeated to himself as he sat Hank down.

"Hank, I know this topic is.. sensitive, but I just.." Connor shifted in his seat on the couch, not really making eye contact with the man.

"Would you ever want to have a child with me?"He finally blurted out. He suddenly wished he didn't as he saw different emotions flash over Hank's face.

The greyed man just blinked at the android, completely dumbfounded that that even came out of his mouth.

"Where is this coming from all of a sudden?" Hank asked, trying his hardest to divert the attention away from his answer. Connor sighed as he got up and started to pace around the living room.

"I don't know. I guess-I guess I've just been feeling like this for a couple months now. It started when I saw a baby in a stroller while walking Sumo one day. It looked at me and smiled-granted it could have been looking at Sumo but still-after that, I found myself beginning to notice children and how interesting they are. I've also been beginning to notice how happy parents look when they're with their children, and I don't know, I.. I've just been wanting to experience that."