Chapter Fifteen

Hank wanted this more than anything. So why was he panicking? Of course he realized it was the standard cold feet. But this, this was forever. He wanted that, needed that. He knew they didn't have to be married to have that, him and Connor, but it was just the principle.

He knew this, but that didn't stop the pounding in his chest, or the cold sweat as he looked at his reflection. A hand found their way to his shoulder, bringing him away from his thoughts for the moment.

"It'll be okay, Hank." Captain Fowler assured him as he brought his attention down to his own tie. Connor and Hank got their jobs back half a year after the protest in DC. It caused a lot of negative backlash seeing as they had been fired for simply going to the protest.

Fowler made it clear that it was not his decision, that he was trying to help them keep their jobs but the higher ups weren't having it. But seeing as the protests were a success, it seemed as though they had no choice but to rehire them. Connor and Hank both loved their job so they accepted the offer.

Also, if Hank was honest with himself, Fowler was his only friend. They'd been through so much over the years, good and bad. He couldn't see anyone else being his best man.

"It's just.. I'm a little freaked out. What if I.. what if I mess up?" Hank stammered, looking at anything but Fowler. He wasn't used to being vulnerable with his boss.

"You'll do fine. The minister usually helps you through it anyway, right?" Captain Fowler asked, his hand smoothing over his bald head as he looked over his reflection.

"That's not what I mean. We have our own vows." Hank sighed as he sat down, trying to control his breathing. For the first time in a long while, he wanted a cigarette. He wouldn't dare though.

"What if I mess up.. marriage? I wasn't.. I wasn't so great at it the first time." The Lieutenant murmured into his hands. He could hear Fowler's foot steps as he neared him, his hand back on his shoulder.

"You weren't in love the first time." Fowler said before giving Hank's shoulder a squeeze. He walked away back to his own reflection.

The only thing Hank could think about then was how absolutely right he was. And how ready he is to marry Connor.

~*~

Connor sat turned away from the mirror and let North, his grooms-woman, play with his hair. During all of the protests they became close. It felt nice to Connor to actually have friends.

And he had three: North, Markus, and Simon. He was also starting to become friends with Josh. He wasn't around much due to the fact that he had already started his own life with his girlfriend, but whenever was around he'd always been super nice to Connor.

Of course he had Hank but that's completely different. He was more than a friend, he was his soulmate. He chuckled to himself at the thought. Some would say that androids had no souls, and maybe they were right. But he knew he and Hank were meant to be together for a long time. Forever.

"Are you nervous?" She asked as her fingers braided through his hair. Connor smiled at the thought of them hand and hand, officially married. He thought about how he was soon going to take Hank's last name. His smile widened.

"Nope."

North responded with a grin, turning the chair so he'd be able to see himself. She bit her lip as she waited for his reaction, watching as his brown eyes widen at his reflection.