The Beginning

" What!?"

   " You heard me. You're fired."

I was sitting in an armchair in my bosses office. He called me in here a few minutes ago. Once I walked in there were I saw two people in there. I sat in his chair and he instantly just tells me ' You're fired. '.

   " Excuse me, but why am I being fired?"

   " You have constantly been distracted from your work, and taking other people's work when you can't even do your own. That and the fact that the past few documents you wrote were all wrong. For this, you are fired. "

   " Let me at least explain. "

   " Ya, at least let her explain Benjamin. " The man to my left said.

He sighed and nodded for me to talk.

   " First off, who are you two?"

   " We are the directors you were sending the information too. We are also in charge of Benjamin here. He controls this section of the company, but we control everything. I'm Dave and this is Howard. "

I nodded and started talking again.

   " Secondly, I'm never distracted from my work. I just get finished early. I work until it's done. Once it's done I wait for the next task. Thirdly, I don't do other peoples work. I help them with it. Since I'm more advanced than them I help them with it. Make sure nothing is wrong. Fourthly let me see the proof that I messed up the documents. "

He turned his computer to Dave, Howard, and myself. I reread the document and saw nothing wrong with it.

   " What's wrong with it? "

   " The fact that you mention how we were unfair in the argument. You mentioned how we won, but we lost a lot. You mention things that provoke negative emotions instead of positivity about us. "

   " Benjamin that's not necessarily bad. Hold on. Howard talk to him. I'm going to talk to some co-workers. "

Howard nodded. Dave left and Howard looked straight at Benjamin.

   " Benjamin these documents are fine. I just read this and the writing is beautiful. It starts with how it went and continues to escalate. It talked about how good the case went and the effects of it. It's good. Really good. She's fine. "

Then Dave came back into the office.

   " Her co-workers are telling me what she just said. She's helping them. Benjamin this is going against you. "

   " The only question is why would you want to fire Ms. L/n so badly?"

    " I think I know. "

   " Please tell us. "

   " I broke up with him last night. We started dating a long while back, I broke up with him last night. "

   " No! It's not because of that!"

   " Then what is it?"

   " I told you already. "

Then they started arguing. He kept trying to turn it against me, but sometimes he failed miserably.

   " She's fired and that's that!"

   " She is fine Benjamin! "

   " Gentleman!" I yelled standing up.

   " Can we please calm down. Act more civil about this instead of yelling. "

   " You have no say in this Ms. L/n. " Benjamin said

I glared at him. He returned the glare. I slammed my hands on his desk and continued to glare at him.

   " If you want to fire the best worker you have fine by me, but if this is how you will treat your co-workers, then I might as well quit. Cause I thought I was working for a trusting company. "

I stood back up and faced the other two men.

   " Gentlemen. "

Then I walked out. I walked to my desk and cleared everything. I packed it all in a box and took the elevator down. When I reached the parking lot I put the box in the back of my F/c. I started leaving the parking lot. I drove away from the building and drove to my house. When I got there I locked my car and walked inside. I set my box down and grabbed the paper. I started looking for a temporary job. One that would last me a while. Then my eyes came upon an ad.

   ' $120 a week? Not that bad I guess

   ' $120 a week? Not that bad I guess. "

I set the paper down and picked the phone up calling the number.

   " Hello? Hello, Hello? This is Freddy Fazbear's pizza how can I help you?"

   " Hi, I'm calling for the nightshift. "

   " Okay. Come into the pizzeria tomorrow and we will talk then. What time is good for you?"

   " 7: 00 is fine with me. "

   " Alright. Can I have a name?"

   " F/n L/n. "

   " Alright thank you Ms. Y/n. "

Then he hung up the phone. I set the phone down and turned the TV on.