Goodbye

( Current Time )

   " That's what happened. " I said to the cops.

   " Okay we believe you, but the animatronics becoming human? That doesn't sound right. "

   " I believe she could be in shock or is very scared currently. Making up things to help calm herself down. But the parts about Vincent were obviously true. We checked the camera footage. She's free to go. "

I stood up and walked out of the questioning room. I grabbed my jacket and purse and left the police station. I got in my car and walked to the pizzeria. Cop cars and police tape where still up. I parked and walked towards the place. I saw Alex at the door.

   " Miss you can't go past the tape. "

   " I work here. "

She nodded and I continued walking. I stood by Alex and looked at him.

   " What's going to happen now? "

   " We are tearing this place down and creating a new building. "

   " Okay. What about the animatronics? "

   " They are going to be scrapped and used for the new animatronics. They are on their way right now. "

   " O-oh. "

   " Yup, and I'm going to need you uniform and flashlight. since the building is being torn down we no longer need you, but when the new building is up I'll call you and you can continue your job as a nightguard. "

   " Okay. "

   " And the hospital called. They said Mike will be fine. "

   " Good. "

   " and the detective talked to me not too long ago on the phone. He thinks you need a paid vacation. The story you gave him made him think you were in shock and scared and you were trying to calm yourself down. "

   " So..."

   " I am giving you a paid vacation to anywhere in the world. Everything is going to be paid for. "

   " Okay. How long is the vacation? "

   " I'm going to make you stay at the place for a week and then after that, you can stay however you want. "

   " You knew I would leave early. "

   " Yup. So you will stay there for a week and then after a week, you can do whatever you want still paid for."

   " Thanks, Alex. "

   " Not a problem. "

   " So you knew about the secret door and the animatronics becoming human? "

   " I do. Who do you think cut those images out of the video cameras? I made it look like Vincent killed himself and the animatronics were on the stage. No one knows except you, me, Mike, and them. "

   " Okay. When do I leave? "

   " Your plane takes off in a few hours to ( F/v/p Favorite vacation place ). "

   " How do you know that's where I want to go? "

   " Found it in your job profile. "

   " That's why it asked that question. "

   " Yup. So go pack I'll call you when the new building is up and you can have your job back. "

   " Okay. Bye, Alex and thanks. "

I hugged him and walked towards my car. I drove home and packed. I then drove to the hospital. When I got there and walked inside towards the front desk. 

   " Hi, I'm looking for Mike Schmidt's room. "

   " 3rd floor 1st door on the left. "

  " Thank you. "

I walked to the elevator and got to the 3rd floor. I went into his room and saw him laying on the bed. They said he wasn't conscious yet. But he would recover soon. I stood by his bed. I moved the hair out of his face.

   " Well, Mike. I'm leaving. Ya, I'm going to F/v/p. Alex said I'm going there until the new building is up. I never thanked you for saving me. So thank you, Mike. You probably don't hear me. So maybe one day when I come back I'll thank you. Maybe. If I come back. I don't know yet. I wrote you this letter so you can read it when you wake up. For now goodbye Mike. "

I kissed his forehead and set the letter on the nightstand. I left the room and walked downstairs to my car and started driving to the airport. Once I got there and we lifted up in the air I felt all the weight leave my body.

   ' Maybe this won't be so bad after all. '

I looked out the window and saw the view of the city.

   ' Goodbye, everyone. '