Simple Girl

" This looks like so much fun. "

   " It really does. "

As we walked through the carnival I looked at all of the rides and stands they had. The place was truly colorful.

   " Where do you want to go first? "

   " You pick. "

   " Well..."

( Time Skip )

We had rode most of the rides that were there. Mike looked like he was having fun. That made me truly smile, seeing Mike smile and be happy.

   " Want to grab some food and then hit the Ferris wheel? "

   " Sure. "

   " Okay. I'll go buy F/f you wait here. "

I nodded and sat at one of the tables waiting for Mike. As I sat at the table I noticed this group of girls walk up to Mike while he was at the food stand. I paid them no mind cause Mike was a friend nothing more. I kept my eyes on the table and I could hear their conversation.

   " That guy looks so hot. "

   " Go talk to him! "

   " I think I will. "

   " I mean how could he not like you? "

   " True just look at me. "

I could hear her footsteps. I looked up and realized how close I was to the food stand. I was a table away. That's how I could hear them so well. Mike turned away from the food stand holding two bowls of F/f. I smiled at him and he smiled back at me. He walked to the table and set the bowl in front of me and sat down.

   " Thanks, Mike. "

   " N-Not a problem. "

   " Excuse. "

The woman from earlier came up to our table. She sat on the table beside Mike. Mike looked at her with a cold stare.

   " Yes? "

   " I'm Lessly ( If that's your name replace it with another name. ). What do you say we ditch this simple girl and go have some fun around the carnival? "

Mike glared at Lessly now.

   " Excuse me but this is not some simple girl! She is the most important person in my life. I'd rather spend my time with her than you any day. "

Lessly now looked upset. She got off of the table and left. Mike looked down to his food and continued eating. I blushed and looked down at my bowl and continued to eat. When I was finished I grabbed Mike's empty bowl and threw it away. Mike stood up from the table and we continued to walk to the Ferris Wheel. We got in line and waited to get on.

   " Did you mean that? "

   " What? "

   " Did you mean what you said back there. About Me not being simple. "

    " Of course I meant it. You're not some simple girl. You're extraordinary. If they can't see that then it's their loss. "

I felt the heat on my cheeks increase.

   " T-Thanks Mike. "

   " MmHmmm. "

I smiled as we got on the Ferris Wheel. I sat down and Mike sat down beside me. The seat was a little small so my left arm was touching his right arm. The Ferris Wheel jolted and we started moving upward. As we moved up I looked at the view we had.

 As we moved up I looked at the view we had

   " Wow. "

   " Took the words right out of my mouth. "

We stopped right on the top and it gave us the whole view of the park.

   " This kind of looks like a scene out of a movie. Doesn't it? "

Then fireworks started blowing up in the sky. They lit up both of our faces.

   " Okay, now I feel like someone is setting this up. "

   " It does. "

I felt Mike's arm go around my shoulders and pull me closer towards him. I looked up at Mike to see him smiling.

   " They're doing a pretty good job of doing it. "

Mike leaned closer and connected his warm lips to mine. I kissed him back and leaned into him more. Then I felt the seat move. I yelped and pulled away and hugged Mike. Mike chuckled and his grip around me tightened.

   " It's just moving down. Don't be scared. "

   " I wasn't scared. I was surprised. "

   " Hey, Mike. I never found out our bosses name. What is it? "

   " Alex. Why? "

   " I want to stop calling him boss. It sounds weird. "

Mike's smile widened. We finally got off of the Ferris Wheel and we walked back to Mike's motorcycle. I got on and put the helmet on and Mike drove us home. When we got there I got off and went inside to change into my night guard uniform. I walked back downstairs and Mike was there ready to go.

   " You are quick to change. "

   " Just gotta change nothing else to do but change. "

   " Hmmm." 

I got in my car with Mike and drove with Mike to the pizzeria.