⭐ W A N D A ⭐

~•✴⭐✴•~Ready to Go| Chapter 19~•✴⭐✴•~

~•✴⭐✴•~
Ready to Go| Chapter 19
~•✴⭐✴•~

Wanda had gotten home from her mission no less than three hours ago, and was greeted by about three messages from Vivian, the last of which was Vivian asking her to meet up when she got a chance. So after showering and changing into something more comfortable, Wanda met Vivian at a little cafe, and that's where they were now.

Both girls sat across from each other, completely silent except for the occasional yawn from Wanda. The waiter brought the girls their drinks and they thanked him before falling back into silence, Vivian sipping on her drink.

"So, what's up?" Wanda asks after a moment. "Why'd you ask to see me?" Her tone came off a little aggressive, but it was mostly just a mix of sleep deprivation and slight annoyance. Vivian called her here to talk, but was staying quiet.

"I wanted to apologize." Vivian says, putting down her cup. "I'm sorry for snapping at you, and I'm sorry that I took so long to come clean. It was stupid and inconsiderate." She reaches across the table for Wanda's hand but Wanda doesn't take it, instead grabbing her cup. She didn't care for the bitterness of coffee and had tea instead, unlike Vivian, who drank coffee with so little sugar that it was basically black. There was nothing but silence as she drank.

"Vivian, using that spell was selfish. And not only did you push aside my offer to help you, you rudely assumed that I couldn't help at all." Wanda says, putting her cup down. Her voice was even and calm. "That's what I am here for. A girlfriend is supposed to help you through tough things like this, not just give you food, company, and sex. I need to know that you understand that, okay?"

"But the sex is great, right?" Vivian jokes, attempting to ease some of the tension. Wanda glares at her before Vivian nods, looking down at her hands and playing with her gloves. She really wasn't in the mood for jokes. "Got it, not the time for jokes. I was just trying to... It doesn't matter. I hear what you're saying. I know I was selfish."

There wasn't much to say. Wanda still believed in what she said before she left, even four days removed from the event; Vivian needs to learn how to grow up and have a mature relationship. Even now when either of them could just call it off, she was making jokes, completely undermining the sincerity of her apology. Wanda had responsibilities of her own, and how was she supposed to do her job and protect people when she's focused on how Vivian's doing or what their last argument was about?

"Wanda, I need you to come home." Vivian says, her voice small. She pushes her sunglasses on top of her face and looks Wanda in the eyes. "I'm really lost without you. I promise that I'll be better."

"No." Wanda says simply, taking another sip of her tea. Wanda's heart breaks a little as she watches Vivian's face fall. She's didn't like being this cold, but she still stood her ground; Vivian needed a little tough love, no matter how badly she wanted to come back anyway.

"Vivian, you don't need me, you need to learn to accept help." Wanda explains. "You hide behind this little untouchable badass persona from high school because that's the way that you suppress your emotions. I've seen that fall away before. All of your problems exist because that scared and angry little teenager won't let you speak up."

"Then teach me!" Vivian exclaims. A few couples at nearby tables glare at her and she blushes lightly in embarrassment. Wanda bites back a smile. "You help bring that out in me. How am I supposed to work through my problems if telling anyone the whole story would get me in serious trouble?"

"I can't be the one responsible for helping ease your conscious all of the time." Wanda says, tiredly. "I have my own things that I'm dealing with, Vivian."

"We can work together!" Vivian says, gesturing back and forth between herself and Wanda. "That's what relationships are for, right? Collaboration?"

Wanda sighs. No matter what it took, she knew that Vivian wouldn't go home alone. And Wanda didn't want her to either. No matter what the argument was, Wanda still loved Vivian. She was her rock, the thing connecting her past to her present, and she didn't want to lose that. And plus, she was too tired to argue. She was closer to Vivian's apartment than the compound and she just. Wanted. To sleep.

"I'll come home tonight." Wanda agrees after a long moment. Something in the back of her mind was telling her that she should feel defeated, but seeing Vivian's huge smile break out across her face pushed it deep down. Vivian's apartment did feel like a home to her, and she was happy to be welcomed back. She just hoped that Vivian would keep her word and stop hiding things from her. And she hoped that maybe she could finally get some rest.